Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me how many keys are meant to come with the tre ? I was only was givern two flip keys. The book says 4 total two normal and two flip.
also I read somewhere a small tool kit is supplied but i have not got one! Is one normally supplied ??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just bought mine (it was 2nd hand, 04) and I got 3 keys 2 normal one flip (apparently one of the flips was broken by the dealer) and a tool kit with a srewdriver , plug spanner and lots of allen keys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
keys

i received 2 flips and two normal, plus the useless tool kit of crap tools, as per everyone except bmw see fit to issue. funnily enough the toolkit doesnt actually fit anywhere on the Tre, as its "a race bike".................... so where's the support truck :rollin

Anyone know what the fug that black plastic cylinder doover thing-o-mo-bob actually does?? some sort of plug protector??

Hey Vince, hassle RG to give you your extra flip, cheap bastards >:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tool kit

Be warned guys, that black plastic circular thing in the the tool kit is the special tool for compressing the fuel line release buttons, if you push the buttons in with your fingers, they'll break off (I found out on our first LE), they only flex back & forwards and the plastic will eventually break.

It's very hard to get the fuel line out of the tank without those buttons. The fuel line outlet is part of the fuel pump, hence expensive to replace. The factory will not replace the fuel pump if you break the buttons off.

The other cylindrical plastic thing in the tool kit is the blanking plug for once you have removed the fuel line.

So, if you ever take your bike to a shop for anything that requires removal of the fuel tank....... take those two things :)

John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah ha

Thanks John, i intend fitting one of those quick break couplings at 5000 kays, probably next year sometime ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: ah ha

Two flip keys and 2 Mini me keys....

Trouble is the mini me keys dont actually fit into the recesses with out you forcing them in. The rubber bits catch on the bodywork (seat and ignition)

I only found out when I went to put my immobiliser key fob on the end of a key blade...and found out the blade is a tad shorter....only by a couple of mill. Cannot get a replacement anywhere!!!!!

I didn't get a tool kit with mine, had to 'remind' Taz ...it is really crappy though....look as though they're made of tin foil sprayed gold

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tool Kit

My toolkit came with a curious wire cable, covered in PVC tubing. It is 590mm long, with loops at each end. I haven't found a use for it yet. Any ideas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Tool Kit

Hi ya

That piece of wire is your helmet lock dear boy.

It loops around the curious 'bent coathanger' affair under the pillion seat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tool kit

arr harr, thank you tornado men, i will get on to taz m/c
now i have ammunition, i told them i though 4 keys when i collected it but they said no. i need the crap type keys because they have the code on a tab with them.
And Johnny thanks i though i read something about fuel line tool I will need it if i ever take tank off !!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: tool kit

Niquem - Helmet lock! Now I've seen everything!

(I'm surprised it's not kept in the pit garage - that's where the tools are stored.)

Actually, on reflection, it's a good idea. Just not strong enough for my liking.

I think I'll just carry the helmet. That way I'll have it when I need it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hey Colin

Check out the parts and replacement bits thread. I could nt' get the bleedin' fuel pipe out even though I'd got the tank off took me 15-20 with the crappy tool...then got a face full of unleaded

Theres a link there to Enginas site (instructions with photos)...you can get the part from Sound Distribution. I think Motrax also make one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I will make a note of that thanks.
I have just been on to taz and i should have my spare keys and tools sorted at 600 ml service :rolleyes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hey Colin

I'm going there tomorrow.

Got both lower fairings, screen and left switchgear to be changed....joy!

If you want em sooner I'm more than happy to pick 'em up and post them to ya?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

thanks for the offer mate, I have just received an email confirming they have keys and tool kit !!! dont worry i am going for service on next friday so i can wait till then. :D :eek :b :rollin
ps, i,m just going for a ride......:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

:hat Hi Colin

Just been reading the forum after a long time away due to injury:( . I see that you live in Gravesend. I used to live there but saw the light, ha ha. Now live in Maidstone. Would you like to meet up at the Oakdene cafe on Wednesday night? (2.8.06) Kind regards

Lloyd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

hallo lloyd, yes i will go to the oakdene on wednesday providing it dont rain !!
I cant do many miles as i have my service on friday and dont want to go too far over.
i did not go last week,but my bruv in law said ther was two benellis there.
i just poped to the merrychest for a bacon sarnie as it is only a few miles away from home..
any way if not raining ill go about 6`30 hope to see u there colin..:D :rollin :D :rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

hey guys, where's the oakdene in relation to sunny southend-on-sea? what time does it start to shut down.
vtxbrit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

:hat Hello, this is how to get to the Oakdene from Essex.

After the Tunnel, continue along the M25 until you reach the M20 (Maidstone). Continue until you see the turn off for Brands Hatch and turn off there. Take the second exit (down hill) to the next roundabout, take the third exit to the next roundabout, take the second exit and you will find the Oakdene cafe on your left.

8o Warning though, cops carry out checks from the second roundabout from the cafe so watch it with speed ect.

From the tunnel I would say it is about 10 - 12 miles.

See you there! (unless it is raining) :rollin

Oh yes, eveything normally packs up about 10 ish!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Thanks lloyd, I remember the place now the meet use to be at a pub on the right going down the hill? went there a couple of years ago mr fuzz pulled over loads of us and did us for number plates and exhausts>: (number plate only for me) ...............still gives them abit of overtime i suppose :b might venture there if the weather is ok.
vtxbrit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Key's

I was given one flip key and two normal ones.

The owners manual;) says 4 keys (2 flip, 2 normal) but when I asked the dealer I was given some excuse as to "that may be for the LE".

Just another bit of inconsistency to deal with.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts