Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
All the gear, no idea
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone (or all of you!) have had this one. Feels and sounds like the headstock bearings are loose, but all along it's the top engine mount that's a 14mm bolt!!

Had a ride up to KJM yesterday where Alex showed me the error of my ways! Ten minutes later I was away again, after nearly dropping it riding away by pulling on the loud cables a bit too enthusiatically and spinning up the rear!! :doh:

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Yes i do beleive thats a problem that also shows up as a feeling of warped discs

·
All the gear, no idea
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup. The mechanic told me they check and tighten that pesky bolt at every service! You live and learn

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Yep, that's an old trick that Benelli built in just to keep new owners on the toes :rolling:

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your purchase.........what model did you get and where are the pics :clap:

·
All the gear, no idea
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Laurence!

Been a member for a few months now, just rotten busy!

Got an 07 tre, in silver and black, that I bought off Berny (my boss!) who is, was, a member already, for an absolute steal!

I put some piccies on a few months ago when I bought a satin black stubby Blueflame can for her, but the can's coating literally melted before my eyes, which esculated into a bit of an arguement between me and them!! Long story!

Need to update the pics, I've now got a rather tasty looking high level Leovince on. And very nice too!

Thanks Laurence, Chris.

·
1,841 Posts
Ther is a bit more to it than the middle top bolt, the side engine mountings are often loose also especially the nearside one. These are under the fairing.
If I bought a new nelli this is the first thing I would check and with crap weather is a good time to do it.

·
All the gear, no idea
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Colintornado!,

Those ones were fine, Berny kindly put some R&G crash bungs on it before I bought it. Good job too, 'cause he threw it down the road at Oulton :rolling: Hang on, why am I laughing, I bought it?!!!

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
Hi Laurence!

Been a member for a few months now, just rotten busy!

Got an 07 tre, in silver and black, that I bought off Berny (my boss!) who is, was, a member already, for an absolute steal!

I put some piccies on a few months ago when I bought a satin black stubby Blueflame can for her, but the can's coating literally melted before my eyes, which esculated into a bit of an arguement between me and them!! Long story!

Need to update the pics, I've now got a rather tasty looking high level Leovince on. And very nice too!

Thanks Laurence, Chris.
Ah,Silver /Black,the colour scheme for the more discerning owner!!:clap: :D ;)

·
All the gear, no idea
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just lusted after a Tornado ever since I saw one years ago at the Bike show, the silver/black one was just too good a deal to let go. And I love all the quirks! Clocks that always reset, the way the back end goes all light and skippy when hard on the brakes, search lights that the RAF would be proud of! Wouldn't swap 'em for anything :ele:

·
Ready for summer
381 Posts
Sorted

Glad you got sorted and silver and black is the way forward :) :) :) :)

·
5,934 Posts
JAnd I love all the quirks! Clocks that always reset, the way the back end goes all light and skippy when hard on the brakes, search lights that the RAF would be proud of! Wouldn't swap 'em for anything :ele:
Welcome to the nut-house Chris.
I can help you with a few issues .....
Can't do much about the tail going light under braking, but ...
The reset problem can be fixed - I can't remember the last time this happened on mine.
http://www.engenia.com.au/09_Electrical/01_Dash/DashUPS.html (The installation procedure has gone awol - I'll sort that out shortly)
The lights can be sorted as well
http://www.engenia.com.au/09_Electrical/17_FrontLights/HID.html
The fix to the top engine mount is simple.
http://www.engenia.com.au/10_Diagnostics/02_Frame/FrontEndKnock.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts