Benelli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Koni shocks on the rear of my 1970 Tornado which have started to weep. Would like to have them rebuilt but as Koni disappeared many moons ago don't know if this is possible.
Anyone out there got experience with getting Koni's rebuilt would appreciate any advice.
Ian

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Koni Shocks

Thanks Nigel and others.
Have sent an email to Ikon Suspension UK ans await their response. Will update everyone if they are able to help.
Regards

Ian

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Koni Shocks

Hi Macsei
Have just printed off the article from Zimmerframe racing. If the worst comes to the worst I will attempt a rebuild myself over the winter. The instructions in the article, which runs to 13 pages of A4, are superb and even if a kit isn't available I am certain that appropriate seals and O rings can be found on line. Top tip!
Many thanks

Ian

·
Banned
96 Posts
Thanks Richard...a good article. The Konis I was going to rebuild were from an 1977 R100RS I have had from new. 256K kms later I am retiring the bike to more sedate duties. So, rather than rebuild with new softer springs I think selling the Konis and buying new shocks will be a better option. Cheers
Ian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts