Benelli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, has anybody got the same problem with the huge lack of rebound on the forks. I've wound them in all the way & still she bounces to much for my liking. Any ideas anyone???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You could try changing the fork oil to something a bit thicker. Or have a company like racetech re-valve your forks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have the same issue. I'm going to try heavier fork oil first, but in the end will probably have my local suspension shop (who supports many, many roadracers and motocrossers) revalve the forks for me. Of course, it won't be until late this summer when I can actually ride again :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rebound

Hmph! I had too much rebound damping even with stiffer fork springs fitted, I wonder what's up?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody got a break down of the fork internals that i can get hold of, brought a workshop manual from ebay, but dosn't show fork internals....
Think i will put thicker oil in, but would like to now if i need any special tools, anybody out there done it??????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Erm you sure its too stiff (ahem). I've had a few bikes now and found the Tre on the firm side. Try putting the pre load to std settings. People adjust these things thinking they stiffen to suspension when it is does is compress the spring. Run everything std then adjust accordingly to what symptoms your having. I did one at a time ie rebound 2 clicks front, then 2 clicks comp front etc. I tried a few settings from the net on track and road settings. MCN UK has a setting for track but having tried it I found it too hard on the road...great if everything was smooth but it aint so you loose ya knackers if ya get me not to mention it gets a little skittish or lively shall we say.

If all else fails maybe thicker oil?? I weigh 14st 6lb probably over 15 with leathers and found it ok. Havnt found a suspension internal diagram but did have a quick browse

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh thanks for that dean, i also have had a few bikes as ive been riding since i was 12, the rebound is the rate of return that the forks come up, the preload is std & as mine is wound right in on the rebound and its still bouncing on the return i think i need more !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the front fork damping on the Tre (not RS, mine's a cheap one) is TOTALLY inadequate. I've been racing mine for a season last year and that's been the biggest weakness (appart from lack of power). I ended up with half 30W and half engine oil in mine just to make it safe (not good) to race. Bonkers. The forks are being revalved n springed by Maxton (Frodsham, Cheshire UK) as we type and I am looking forward to the results of their magic. Please. Inherently right weight distribution and geometry is what makes this baby fast, not the front suspention. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah, and you can all chuck away those steering damper things too - don'y need 'em on a Benelli Tre. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts