Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I visited the Dutch TT in Assen and to my surprise I saw a grey green Tornado rider all the way from the UK (respect :clap: ) As there aren't so many Tornado riders I was wondering: anyone from this forum? Because I was hurrying to find a nice place and it was so crowded I didn't have the chance to ask him myself.
regards, Emilio

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Last weekend I visited the Dutch TT in Assen and to my surprise I saw a grey green Tornado rider all the way from the UK (respect :clap: ) As there aren't so many Tornado riders I was wondering: anyone from this forum? Because I was hurrying to find a nice place and it was so crowded I didn't have the chance to ask him myself.
regards, Emilio
Wasn't me (Mine's silver/black anyway!), however I remember taking mine to the TT last year and was mobbed by loads of people asking a million and one questions about the bloody thing! All I wanted to do was get my leathers off, shorts on and go and have a beer!

Pain in the arse - and I got sunburnt too!

Andy

·
Registered
28 Posts
I took mine to Assen, but it wasn't me, as my Tornado is Silver/Black.
Ran perfectly, including 1 hour of heavy rain on the A14 to pick up the Harwich ferry,then the (Dutch) A28 traffic jam on the way out, which meant 2 hours of 1st/neutral selection and plenty of fans on/off action.
Note. If in traffic jam, turn off lights while fans are on otherwise the charging system has a hard job keeping up at tickover.

Temp gauge was bored with displaying 93 degrees (in the traffic jam), so then went up to an indicated 5000rpm!! (check your clocks), then after the petrol stop it showed absolutely nothing, until the next stop, when it read correctly again. Nothing new there then.......

Oil/Filter change, then off to Chimey in Belgium, followed by a few days at the Nurbergring later this month.
Splendid motorbike.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When leaving the circuit, directly after the MotoGP finish it took me 1 hour the get on the highway, which was also congested. One big traffic jam, only consisting of motorcycles. I was very happy that I wasn't riding on my Benelli 'cause that would have meant an intensive hour with a lot of (useless) efforts to find neutral and a sore left hand (I was driving an Aprilia RS250 that a friend borrowed to me: fun bike!). I'm glad you made it without too much trouble. I hope you all enjoyed.
Regards,
Emiel

·
903 Posts
[All I wanted to do was get my leathers off, shorts on and go and have a beer!

Pain in the arse - and I got sunburnt too!

Andy[/QUOTE]

I don't think I want to know about your private life Andy!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
regards, Emilio
I saw that bike too, on the way back from the track. I was over there visiting friends who live in Bergharen, and we all went to the race. Great fun!

cheers -
mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts