·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we'll soon have a new importer :eek:
"Words - Mark Fattore

BikePoint

Deal on the cards before January 30

January 7, 2009

Collapsed high-end national motorcycle importer, Stoney Creek Power Sports (SCPS), looks like being sold by the end of the month, according to the company's administrator, Paladin Partners.

SCPS was placed in voluntarily receivership on November 24, just a day after it finished displaying its wares, including motorcycles from Benelli and Bimota, at the Sydney Motorcycle Show.

In all, SCPS had nine separate brands under its umbrella, including Sachs and scooters from TGB, Puegeot and Malaguti.

Paladin also confirmed that a creditors' meeting held on December 30 last year was then adjourned for 45 days."

·
Registered
403 Posts
Good news

"Words - Mark Fattore

BikePoint

January 7, 2009

Collapsed high-end national motorcycle importer, Stoney Creek Power Sports (SCPS), looks like being sold by the end of the month, according to the company's administrator, Paladin Partners.

SCPS was placed in voluntarily receivership on November 24, just a day after it finished displaying its wares, including motorcycles from Benelli and Bimota, at the Sydney Motorcycle Show.

In all, SCPS had nine separate brands under its umbrella, including Sachs and scooters from TGB, Puegeot and Malaguti.

Paladin also confirmed that a creditors' meeting held on December 30 last year was then adjourned for 45 days."
Good to hear, maybee that will get our resale value pushed up a bit higher than those trying to sell us a new bike are prepared to give. And stop the shops dodging the warranty issues. :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
403 Posts
"Words - Mark Fattore

BikePoint

January 7, 2009

Can anybody start the rumor mill on who is the new importer yet ?

·
5,929 Posts
On a similar note, the Bimota factory are fully supporting existing Australian customers, despite the loss of SCPS, their local importer. (AMCN 21 Jan 09 pg 18) Aussie customers are to contact the factory directly via their website, www.bimotaaustralia.com for warranty coverage.

Maybe Benelli should take note?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Aussie customers are to contact the factory directly via their website, www.bimotaaustralia.com for warranty coverage.

Maybe Benelli should take note?
I have sent Benelli numourous Emails they do not respond Maybe i should have bought a bimota:rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

I think Benelli don't want to know about us they have our money so they don't care:(
Would be nice if they at least answered emails:(

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay

I'll pm you another one tomorrow when I'm back at work, and you'll get a answer from Gianluca Galasso, Benelli PR man and head bike tester, he may know some more news :). they may be able to post parts to you with you covering the P&H

·
Registered
156 Posts
Cheers

That would be great have i been using the correct address ?? Cos thats the address in my owners manual

·
Registered
403 Posts
Benelli PR

I get replies to my e-mails, however they tell me to sort it out with the importer, as they wont deal with anything direct, maybee they dont even know SCPS gone under the table.:doh: :doh: :ele:

·
Nuted
23 Posts
Factory email and Latest

go to the benelli site and email via the pr email address.
I am unable to see any "PR" link from the Benelli website. Is it obvious? Are you referring to the "Press Office" link? I have much to discuss with them regarding my alternator saga. I have been emailing via the following links: Contact Us - Benelli Address - technical Support. It states this link is for technical support and warranty claims. As the link involves filling out a detailed form I would appreciate a reply for all my efforts.

SCPS a staff (now deceased) member told me yesterday that Moss Vale winds up completely today. The purchaser is to run it out of Melbourne.

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yo Errol

can you bounce Gianluca's email to Nute's inbox, I dont have it on the home pc. so scps is dead or a staff member? I wonder if Claytons gonna stay on?

a melb based new owner, i wonder if its Peter Stevens, who bring in triumphs etc?

·
5,929 Posts
No sooner said than done, Nathan.
SCPS is dead. Weren't answering the phones as of yesterday, apparently. With luck, they managed to ship Madwog's moving cam chain guide Thursday, before they shut up shop.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Old Scps

not to re-open old wounds, Spoke to an italian bike machanic 3 weeks ago about a Benelli. They told me SC would send 2nd hand parts out to be fitted to bikes when still in the waranty, ie Worn clutch baskets to replace worn clutch baskets. Was there opinion that benelli didn't achieve the status that I had the potential to, and that was a major flaw with the brand in Aus.

Let us take 2 minutes of silence, and hope that the New importer is "proactive, pasionate and has integrity"

:ele: :ele: :ele:

·
Registered
78 Posts
given the alleged Jan 30th annoucement (for a new importer) has anyone heard anything? My local dealer is doing what they can to support me (and I assume their other Nelli customers) but a local importer with some passion and muscle (to wrestle with the factory for support) would be good.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have been told by my dealer that on the 27th of January a contract was signed with a new importer being appointed for Benelli.

No further information was provided as to who that was or whether they will honour outstanding warranty claims.

Please see my posting about Australian warranty claims here: http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4006

·
Registered
403 Posts
warranty

crabbait and I are from the same town/ city. His alternator crapped with very few K's on the clock. However he got his bike from intestate, but is left with holding a $1500 bill, yet to be paid i believe.
He was told no warranty ( see his posts after december)

I myself, have a comedy of errors and have taken my own action, end result it will cost me a lot of $$, but at least I will be able to move it on to somebody who wants a reasonable cheap "very" low Km 2006 reliable CR

1 - 20 of 47 Posts