Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LE has started to make the occasional 'clonk' when it is idling, usually when the engine glitches when hunting. I have tried locating the noise but its intermittence and general cacophony has made this difficult, however it seems to be coming from the clutch/gearbox area and goes quiet when the clutch is pulled in. Last weekend I took the clutch to pieces and noticed that the linings were very low and so have ordered a new set with springs, etc. Has anyone with an LE had this problem – it has done 5000 miles? Thanks :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
unknown

I have an LE....number 131 (which number is yours and where are you from?) I don't have that many miles on mine but haven't had this happen. Can't hurt to do a rebuild on the clutch at 5k though as they do get a bit of rough treatment now and then.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have No. 66 and owned it for nearly two years now. I live in the Suffolk area and use it whenever the roads are dry (hate cleaning bikes). The bike has been very reliable, but over the period the electrics have always given some interesting results which never repeat themselves...latest was last weekend when switching the headlight on whilst riding caused Battery Light to flash - stop, switch ignition off, and then back on and bingo fault cleared. I would swear these bikes had a soul!;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts