Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. I have a base model Tornado Tre and I have almost bought an original factory carbon fiber L. E. fuel tank. But somebody told me a L.E. tank won't fit a regular Tornado, is it true? Thank you very much

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
Don't do it!!!
You heard right, the LE tank is completely different underneath and won't fit in a standard TRE.

Reactions: RobShed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't do it!!!
You heard right, the LE tank is completely different underneath and won't fit in a standard TRE.
My friend thank you very much for the answer! Are you sure this is the case? Can anyone else here also confirm? Because if you are right, you just saved me from spending 1600 euros for nothing!

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
Yep, I'm sure I am sure. I've had LE's and standard Tornados and the tanks are different. Save your money :)

Reactions: ianh and tonydoc

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
What about the other LE carbon bits like fairings, tail etc. Do these fit standard Tornados?
They are not exactly the same but they are closer than the fuel tank. With slight adjustments to the fixing holes you may be able to fit the LE fairings on a standard TRE

·
341 Posts
As Laurence correctly pointed out, the LE tank is impossible to fit in a standard Tre. The rear subframe is also different making the fitting of the rear end cover difficult and if I am not mistaken also the front subframe is somewhat different. Fairings will not allign correctly and will eventually crack. I wouldn't bother trying to make an LE of a standard, the ones who know the real one will raise an eyebrow at max while the ones not knowing it won't even notice any difference

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As Laurence correctly pointed out, the LE tank is impossible to fit in a standard Tre. The rear subframe is also different making the fitting of the rear end cover difficult and if I am not mistaken also the front subframe is somewhat different. Fairings will not allign correctly and will eventually crack. I wouldn't bother trying to make an LE of a standard, the ones who know the real one will raise an eyebrow at max while the ones not knowing it won't even notice any difference
I agree with you. However, I love the look of the single seat tail of the LE, that's why I was wondering. Looks much better than the tail with the pillion seat cover on the standard.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
If you want carbon fibre get it from Peter at SKcarbon.🙌

1 - 9 of 9 Posts