Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I would like to tap into your wealth of knowledge concerning a little problem, no a big problem :bawl:, I have with my LE.

Last weekend started fine, went to cock my leg over when it decided to run on 2 cylinders instead of 3, complemented by the ECU light. Armed with WD40 quickly determined the middle cylinder was cold.

New plug and official coil stick later, started her up for the first time this evening expecting good things, however the ECU light refuses to go out, even though it appears to be running on 3 cylinders now (all downpipes hot).

Any clues :( ?

·
5,929 Posts
The light will go off eventually, but the ECU will keep the fault logged. You'll need an Axione or Tuneboy to remove that.
It would be interesting to know what error number it logged. When my coil sticks died, the ECU didn't log a fault.

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for the advice guys. Looks as if I need to take it on the road and ride it about a bit and then assess. Will also nip down to my local bike place who has an Axone and find out what the ECU thinks is/was the problem.:D

Ran it up tonight and it is definitely running sweetly now - well as sweet as any Benelli can sound.:)

Hello JR - Have responded to your other post:eek:

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ECU Light Extinguished

Hello All,

Just to close the thread the ECU light has finally gone out and the bike is running really sweet - Yippee!:D

I tried a number of techniques, including getting it hot and starting and stopping it 3 times (as recommended for Triumphs), but all failed.

Thanks N33ly you were right - a trip to my local bike emporium - 15 mins of perusing to let it cool down a bit - then jumping back on and bingo the light went off.:bow:

Engenia - I have confirmed that they have an Axione so when next booked in I will ask them what the fault code was.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The light will go off eventually, but the ECU will keep the fault logged. You'll need an Axione or Tuneboy to remove that.
It would be interesting to know what error number it logged. When my coil sticks died, the ECU didn't log a fault.
Did you ever get the fairing I sent you?? Just making sure it got there.

·
5,929 Posts
Did you ever get the fairing I sent you?? Just making sure it got there.
Not yet , mate. As I understand it, the shipment left port in late September, so I don't expect it until late November at the earliest.
I'm sure it won't get lost. There's lots of exotic car bits coming with it.
I'll contact the importer this week though, and let you know how it's going.

Let me know what the $damage is. Might wait for the Aussie $ to gain some strength before I send it though. 2 months ago was almost parity. The Aussie economy is just about the strongest in the world, and the US' is going down the toilet, but everyone sees the USD as a safe haven. Go figure :doh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts