Benelli Forum banner
221 - 235 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
No Idea I am new here I thought the last 3 digits?
Mine is 1130 2013 maybe I am in the wrong category ? Let me know I want to find out what I bought.
The vin number you show does not appear correct. It is the tenth number in the Vin number that indicates year of production. if you google Vin number explained it will give you the breakdown from country of origin, plant production etc and the last numbers indicate the frame number.
Tornado,s were produced in 2002 and 2003, the RS models were 2004 and 2005, 1130 ones were 2007 and 2008.
They were registered when sold, it is not unusual to have a 2003 production bike , registered in 2010

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
View attachment 37631

I have a TNT R160 not a tre that is the problem I think. Here is the picture 😃
Well , it is not a standard colour Tnt 1130. Red frame , so a later one, post 2007 I think. Dry clutch but early headlight cowl with separate screen head cowl. Wheels painted gold , non std discs. non standard mirrors. forks should be gold anodised. Are they adjustable ? Cant see the rearshock. Would think you have a custom painted bike in Italian colours.
Got to ask why, is it a damaged bike or someones mission to go Italian. When was it registered, how many owners ?
Nice looking bike ,but not original. Have a good look at the documentation and the Vin sticker and headstock to confirm the full Vin number.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well , it is not a standard colour Tnt 1130. Red frame , so a later one, post 2007 I think. Dry clutch but early headlight cowl with separate screen head cowl. Wheels painted gold , non std discs. non standard mirrors. forks should be gold anodised. Are they adjustable ? Cant see the rearshock. Would think you have a custom painted bike in Italian colours.
Got to ask why, is it a damaged bike or someones mission to go Italian. When was it registered, how many owners ?
Nice looking bike ,but not original. Have a good look at the documentation and the Vin sticker and headstock to confirm the full Vin number.
Yes both adjustable here is the vin.
I am the 3rd owner and it was registered in 2013 in Germany and the EC certificate of conformity says it was approved 2/03/2012
Thanks for the help.
Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Rim Bicycle part

Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tread

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle Fender

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
It is a strange one for sure. It looks very clean , how many klms or miles ?
Wheels are standard Brembo /Benelli as used on the Tre,s and Treks and TNT,s usually silver on Tre,s and black on the other two. The odd thing is the dry clutch, only the LE, 1130 Tre and the Titanium 1130 TNT used it. Surely someone has not repainted a Titanium in Italian colours. The headstock is aftermarket and the discs. If it was a Titanium it would have 12 spoke Marchensinni,s. Cafe racers have a wet clutch of the other TNT derivatives and the wheels you have in Black
The Vin is a mystery, unless it is only used in Germany. ZBNT is Italy / Pesaro production the N denotes it is a TNT .Tornado,s use B and Trek,s use K for the fifth letter. there is normally four zero,s and the tenth letter is the year.. so typically ZBNTN00005P frame number 100149. You have 0005CP. 2007 on they used 2007 typically ZBNTB02007P 100100. That would be a black framed Tornado 1130 for example .

Very nice bike though , and one of a kind.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for the help. It now has 4000 km I got it with 3700 km in February. I have all the paperwork with the bike with all the extra add-ons and then at the last page there is a colour code page and it looks maybe it was ordered like this by him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please add #121 to the list. Now residing in Missouri, USA (once the shipper delivers it)
Bucket list bike for me. I know they have their issues, but after a couple of decades of Ducatis, issues are no stranger to me (1098R headlights decided to go out tonight, such is life!)
S. Burns

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Finally the LE is running purrrfec going to Hailing Bike Night tonight 4/8/22 should raise some eyebrows

221 - 235 of 235 Posts