Benelli Forum banner

LE reliability?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DUre 
#1 ·
Now that a number of LEs have been out there in use....I was wanting to know if anyone with an LE has had any problems with the bike?

I know that a number of the standard production Benellis have had their share of reliability issues. But I dont ever hear of anyone having problems with the LE series bikes.

Thanks for any replys.

P.S.....I know that it is not really fair to compare the LE to the regular production bikes since there are so few of the LEs out there (only 150 made). But this forum is the only place where we can access owners input regarding ownership of these bikes.

:bow:

#3 ·

I have an LE and the only problem I have had is the difficult to get in neutral. I do short trips on mine when the weather is perfect to keep miles down and make it easy to clean. As I understood it there are a fair few engine internals that are different as they had to most of what were used in WSB to make it a homogulation bike. It is a bit louder and more rattly from the dry clutch, it seems to rev a bit freer than my standard did, and the suspension is well sussed out.
:clap:

#5 ·
Yep ...... I was giving mine some beans and the middle rod went through the crank case ... very exciting .....

Apparently the circlip came out of the middle gudgeon pin and the pin drifted out. Everything made contact with everything else.

But what the hell .... new motor in and it is brilliant again .... just keep a finger on the clutch lever when deliver said beans though :) )))))

(Am I the only one to blow up an LE …. How cool is that?)

But really .... these were the first engines to be put together and have all the little faults built in. I am more than happy with the new engine as it is the last of the 900's with all of the faults fixed. Confidence is restored. :clap:

Cheers ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.