Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home from Boxhill on sunday Lloyd and myself did a swop of bikes.
The first thing I noticed on the LE is the girly (sorry I mean very light) clutch.
The seat height is higher(my RS is set as per manual,but was higher when supplied).The seat felt better and did not seem to slide me into the tank.The footrests also felt higher.Strangely I felt less pressure on my wrists ? The ohlins suspension feels good and damps well.The forks seem lighter sprung than RS. It feels lighter overall,not sure by how much? Less effort was required to turn,it rolls into bends quicker and easier than my rs.(I have road attacks fitted that are not a steep profile though) The front brakes work if anything slightly better than the rs radials. I would say the Rs has slightly more punch around 7000 as benelli blurb states and the engine sound is different. It has a rich spot on very light throttle compared to my rs,but I have slightly weakened there to get smoother light throttle. The gear change requires less movement at the pedal,and I could get neutral but rs is easier.
Overall the LE feels special.:ele:
colin...

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
On the way home from Boxhill on sunday Lloyd and myself did a swop of bikes.
The first thing I noticed on the LE is the girly (sorry I mean very light) clutch.
The seat height is higher(my RS is set as per manual,but was higher when supplied).The seat felt better and did not seem to slide me into the tank.The footrests also felt higher.Strangely I felt less pressure on my wrists ? The ohlins suspension feels good and damps well.The forks seem lighter sprung than RS. It feels lighter overall,not sure by how much? Less effort was required to turn,it rolls into bends quicker and easier than my rs.(I have road attacks fitted that are not a steep profile though) The front brakes work if anything slightly better than the rs radials. I would say the Rs has slightly more punch around 7000 as benelli blurb states and the engine sound is different. It has a rich spot on very light throttle compared to my rs,but I have slightly weakened there to get smoother light throttle. The gear change requires less movement at the pedal,and I could get neutral but rs is easier.
Overall the LE feels special.:ele:
colin...
Summed my experience of it up perfectly, right down to the rich spot at light throttle which I am hoping Russ can iron out when I take it for a service in a couple of weeks.

·
3,085 Posts
LE clutch

is unique in the Benelli range, not sure exactly what but Surflex list it as a unique LE only fitment, wonderr what the diffrence is, a do remember Johnny O saying something about it. I did ask Surflex via email, never got a reply.

·
Registered
159 Posts
is unique in the Benelli range, not sure exactly what but Surflex list it as a unique LE only fitment, wonderr what the diffrence is, a do remember Johnny O saying something about it. I did ask Surflex via email, never got a reply.
I believe the LE is the only one w/ a dry clutch.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
There were 2 different clutch types fitted to the LE. The first type was fitted up to November 2004 and the other which is similar in design to that fitted to the standard TRE, although still of the dry variety, thereafter.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I never knew that... but I thought all LEs were made before then? Mine is no 128 and was made before that, so must have been a very small number?

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I thought they stopped production of le's in 2003 which really was the overspill of incomplete ones built in 2002 (thought i read on an internet page that all were made between 2000 and 2002) . what would of been the reason for clutch alteration between one model ?.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Your right about the dates the LE was manufactured so I'm guessing this must refer to the part supplied date.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Summed my experience of it up perfectly, right down to the rich spot at light throttle which I am hoping Russ can iron out when I take it for a service in a couple of weeks.
Same here, my Tre was well sorted and I was very (pleasantly) suprised at how different the LE rode. Fueling could be better as mine is prone to stalls at stops.
In addition it def feels like flywheel is a lot lighter and motor spins up quickly, and sounds brill.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
This has been an interesting thread and i suppose for the ultimate comparison we have to talk to Dada as he's the proud owner of a Heinz 57 special the rare LE/RS version brought to you by theiving scummies that like to build two bikes out of one :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
This has been an interesting thread and i suppose for the ultimate comparison we have to talk to Dada as he's the proud owner of a Heinz 57 special the rare LE/RS version brought to you by theiving scummies that like to build two bikes out of one :rolling: :rolling:
I wonder which half he likes the best?:rolling:

Cheers

Ian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts