Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that my exhaust has developed a leak around the lower set of rivets on the end can. This is causing the swinging arm to get discoloured. Has anyone experienced anything like this and if its a warranty replacement has anyone had any warranty work done since the factory went down?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is a warranty issue. I had mine leaking all over (top and bottom at both ends). Dealer have to open it up and close it with some kind of kit. This should (and did with mine ;) ) solve the issue.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leaking exhausts

Hi Banksie,
This is a problem that effects many TRE's, i know of 2 others with the same problems, my local dealer has also indicated that it is quite widespread, he recommends drilling out the rivets, packing with some kind of exhaust sealer and re-riverting.( Replacements sometimes do the same). Mike the mitch might be able to shed some light he has had or is shortly to have a replacement for the same problem> I am informed that it does not affect the RS exhaust or the Titanium one.

Regards Keith

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Leaking exhausts

Yep,

It happened to my stock Tre exhaust as well.

Same place.

NO! I did not go down the ardous route of a warranty fix as there was no local dealer and just too messy to be sent back to Jonny O.

Ended up getting the Titanium can and so far it has not shown any signs of leaking.

regards
Tax

1 - 4 of 4 Posts