Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone sealed one of these up ? mines pissing oil out il whip the cover off tom ,anyone recommend a sealant that will do this small job :doh: :doh:

Mark

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I believe some of this stuff will do the trick Mark :clap:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I found this problem on my LE upon return from Scotland. Fortunately the LE is still on Benelli's warranty, so Rusty is sorting it next week :clap:

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Mine too

Mine was leaking from around the sight glass when I bought it, but had it booked in with Bennetts straight away and Russ tapped it out and re-sealed it. Looked like it had never been seated properly...?

Dom

·
Registered
498 Posts
I thought mine was leaking from there but it turned out to be a leaking seal behind the clutch (dry clutch). All replaced under warranty and leak free so far.
Waits for the comments about blown seals etc....:)

·
Carbon Fiber Whore
368 Posts
Replacement window

How bout a new window all together? I'll be needing one... as I just cracked mine tapping it out. Anybody know where I can get one?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I thought mine was leaking from there but it turned out to be a leaking seal behind the clutch (dry clutch).

Wonder if this is the achilles heel of the 1130 Tre? :(
Mine was exactly the same, popped around 400 miles.:eek:
I didn't spot it but Bennetts did when they did the 1st service :D :bow: :clap:
Replaced, no problemo since.......:p

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I've had a persistent oil leak on my 1130 from the dry clutch. It's been in to the dealer's a number of times for a fix. They've even used components of better quality in attempts to stem the leak. Because of this, and because the slipper clutch isn't working consistently, the whole right hand side of the engine is being replaced under warranty, including the case and clutch components. I've been without the bike since 28th June but hopefully I'll be getting it back this week.

So as to whether there is possibly an issue with dry clutches on the 1130 engine; I know of at least 5 people now that have experienced the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts