Benelli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have an 2018 Leoncino trail that I bought as ex display but have noticed the back of the headlight glass has fingerprints and looks hazy. Does anybody know how to remove the front bezel that I assume holds the glass in place?
There looks to be a square hole at the bottom underneath but I can’t understand how to get at the inside.
kind regards for any advice

·
Registered
39 Posts
The glass is part of the headlight unit.You can take it apart, but you'll need a heat gun.

First, remove the two upper mounting bolts on the back of the headlight housing. The headlight assembly will tilt forward on the bottom mount. Completely unscrew the headlight adjuster (It's a phillips screw within a recess). Remove the three bolts that hold the headlight in the housing.

Now you have the sealed LED headlight unit out of the bike. Remove the phillips screws that hold the bezel on. Heat the glass with a heat gun or hair dryer and gently pry the glass off. Clean and reinstall. Use a little black RTV sealant if you want it to be perfect, but I've been running mine without adding more sealant and it's been fine so far.

I took mine apart to see if there was any way to swap internals from a different LED headlight, because the stocker is too dim. No luck yet. There is a kit on taobao that replaces the internals with much brighter LEDs, but it's impossible to buy from taobao so there's no chance of getting it outside of asia. :/

Charles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The glass is part of the headlight unit.You can take it apart, but you'll need a heat gun.

First, remove the two upper mounting bolts on the back of the headlight housing. The headlight assembly will tilt forward on the bottom mount. Completely unscrew the headlight adjuster (It's a phillips screw within a recess). Remove the three bolts that hold the headlight in the housing.

Now you have the sealed LED headlight unit out of the bike. Remove the phillips screws that hold the bezel on. Heat the glass with a heat gun or hair dryer and gently pry the glass off. Clean and reinstall. Use a little black RTV sealant if you want it to be perfect, but I've been running mine without adding more sealant and it's been fine so far.

I took mine apart to see if there was any way to swap internals from a different LED headlight, because the stocker is too dim. No luck yet. There is a kit on taobao that replaces the internals with much brighter LEDs, but it's impossible to buy from taobao so there's no chance of getting it outside of asia. :/

Charles.
That’s great thanks so much for taking the time to reply, much appreciated 👊🏼

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took mine apart to see if there was anyanyhoo way to swap internals from a different LED headlight, because the stocker is too dim. No luck yet. There is a kit on taobao that replaces the internals with much brighter LEDs, but it's impossible to buy from taobao so there's no chance of getting it outside of asia. :/
I'm in Australia and ordered this kit from Taobao- it arrived yesterday. It is possible to order it outside of asia, just a real pain. I had to do everything through desktop google chrome with the automatic translator extension running.

The quality of the taobao kit is exceptional, and I'll be installing it this weekend- i don't have any instructions for it (so I'll be following your procedure to take the glass apart) and I've heard it's a relatively straightforward job!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Huh. I never could figure out how to get payment working. It was a huge clusterfuck of a website, not easy peasy like AliExpress.

Charles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts