Benelli Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put 2000 miles on my Leoncino since getting it in June. For the price it is a great bike, agile, comfy, excellent brakes, reasonable suspension. Niggles - the fuel gauge doesn't work and the speedometer overeads by about 12% which is more than the legal 10%. Neither of these matters much to me however this weekend, for the first time, I rode country roads at night. The headlight is useless. The low beam near cutoff is too far from the bike so the road surface is not clear close up. The high beam makes hardly any difference, the throw should go well along the road but it goes hardly any farther than the low beam. The end result is that one has to ride much more slowly.

I wondered if others have had the same experience and found any solutions.

No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
I have put 2000 miles on my Leoncino since getting it in June. For the price it is a great bike, agile, comfy, excellent brakes, reasonable suspension. Niggles - the fuel gauge doesn't work and the speedometer overeads by about 12% which is more than the legal 10%. Neither of these matters much to me however this weekend, for the first time, I rode country roads at night. The headlight is useless. The low beam near cutoff is too far from the bike so the road surface is not clear close up. The high beam makes hardly any difference, the throw should go well along the road but it goes hardly any farther than the low beam. The end result is that one has to ride much more slowly.

I wondered if others have had the same experience and found any solutions.

Got any photos? the Leoncino is growing on me 馃憤

MV F3 RC, TNT 899
Nice :ele::ele::ele::):):)

MV F3 RC, TNT 899
Can鈥檛 help with the lights I鈥檓 afraid. Take it back to the dealer?

Registered
I can confirm that the Leocino"s lights are carp. 45 mph is the maximum speed I'm prepared to do on unlit country lanes. It might be a matter of adjustment,they seem to giving out a lot of brightness it's just that it doesn't spread its self onto the road properly.
Changing the subject;where did you get your rack from?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes absolutely remarkably good bike especially for the price. I sold my BMW R1200R which obviously was much faster but frankly the Leoncino is so much fun I don't mind the loss of power.

Registered
Hi sorry can鈥檛 help with the lights but also had a problem with faulty fuel gauge and bike was cutting out as showing half full when empty apparently Benelli recalled some Leoncinos had mine sorted through dealer...

Registered
So, there are solutions for the headlight that I've seen on Facebook, but I haven't been able to actually find where to buy any of them.

There's a kit to replace all the internals of the stock headlamp on TaoBao, which dramatically improves the brightness of the headlight -- but not the crappy beam pattern.
I've seen aftermarket LED bulbs installed in the stock bucket, but I haven't been able to find any pics on how they're attached. Brackets would be required to go inside the headlight housing.
Best option so far is an aftermarket headlight bucket that fits a modern LED 7" unit, and has both side mount and bottom mounts. A bracket adapter would have to be built to mount the new housing via the bottom mount, and then the turn signals could be attached to the side mounts. It won't look as nice as stock, but it's an option.

A stock GL1000 and CX500 chrome headlight ring does perfectly fit on the Leoncino's plastic headlight bucket. So if you wanted to drill holes in the bucket you could in theory mount it. However, there would be no provision to adjust the light vertically. You could maybe add washers to the top headlight mounts to move the beam pattern down, but if the beam needs to go up you'd be SOL.

I've found photos of a Leoncino with a stock headlight shell and ring, but with this headlamp: 24.07US $ 25% OFF|DC12V 30V 280W DOT 7

The headlamp itself has screw mounts on it, so it should be possible to build a bracket to get it to fit in the headlight shell. But I'm sure there is already a bracket out there somewhere, you just can't find it on any English-language website.

I've also seen other generic lights installed, but I'm not sure how you'd accomplish this as this kind of light doesn't have mounting bosses at all, and usually requires a special ring to mount it.

If anyone can find how these solutions are attached, you'd be my hero too.

Charles.

Registered
Theres a post up here somewhere to recalibrate your Speedo bang on I think it was chopperchaz s post.the headlights I just ride withhighbeams on no one ever flashes comming at me so I see it as an easy fix but there's a adjustment bolt/ Allen key you can use to change heights( I've never found it.....if I need workshop manual pm me emailandnd I'll send to u

1 - 13 of 13 Posts