Benelli Forum banner

Leoncino oil suggestions please!

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Rick0705 
#1 ·
Just finished building a '54 Leoncino sport from a box of old bits. No workshop manual, just a parts book, but it seems to have come together rather well. Problem is, I don't know what weight oil to put in the box, or how much. Ditto the forks. Or come to that, how much 2 stroke oil to put in the fuel. Anybody out there got one? Help would be greatly appreciated!

Nick, Kent, UK.

#4 ·
Mobiloil A?

Well I found an Italian owners handbook, and after a few hours on Google translate I found that Benelli recommend Mobiloil A. They say use it for the gears / clutch (0,500g), the forks (100g per side) and the fuel mix at 40g per litre. I can't find what the Mobiloil A equivalent is today, so I'll go along with the suggestions above and use Halfords 20/50 'Classic' for the box, and a light fork oil. I guess any modern 2T oil will work for the mix and 25:1 sounds right.
Thanks for the replies.
Nick.

#9 ·
I have a real love hate relationship with smokies......but I feel the need to banish the demons. Love to see some photos Nick,

#13 ·
That is a lovely little bike, really special, and love the lion on the front mud guard. Nice Nick very nice :clap::bow:

Look forward to the next one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.