Benelli Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Wanted to introduce myself, I just recently purchased a 2021 TNT 135 to start a build. My builds are general performance oriented, usually tailored to better stock bore performance and canyon carving, so this will most likely be no different. I'm coming to Benelli fresh via the honda grom community. I also have a 2015 grom and love the mini motos, so when I was looking for a new project the Benelli caught my eye.

So far nothing done yet except new decals and handlebar/grips/levers, but have plans for brakes, de-cat exhaust, intake, and cam soon. Aftermarket seems limited at the moment, so using the grom as a comparison to see what aftermarket parts are compatible, found a few already too. Also looking around for sources for OEM parts which is a bit difficult (I'm in USA), so any help, if I don't find a thread here, would be appreciated.

20210108_200239.jpg

DSC_7696.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Started off with a change in handlebars. I like the feel of CR high bend bars and have them on every bike I own. Also found some levers online with some adjustability. The perch that the levers sit in seem just ever so slightly too big for them (lots of up and down play) so while I was putting these in I added a small nylon washer to eliminate that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because I also have a honda grom, I've been comparing parts to see what translates over to the TNT 135. As far as I can tell the after market for TNT 135s is relatively small, but the grom's after market is huge.

Everyone knows that the front sprocket will match, its a pretty generic size, so found a crazy cheap front sprocket with an extra tooth (16T).

But more importantly, I measured my grom's brake lines and found that they are a direct fit! Ordered stainless steel braided brake lines from core moto, there were two angles of banjo bolts that were not exact, but the angles were enough to fit up to the TNT's calipers. A fantastic upgrade.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are you sure the grom/ Nelli front sprockets are a match I think grom is 420 and Nelly is 428???? I'm new to the grom stuff too I just bought a tnt125 and two groms .crazy fun.i found out bikes a closer match to the Nelly but have received or tried em yet so maybe I'm wrong....I made a 32mm decat pipe to stock muffler setup outta stainless(work sponsored) and took air box out( no not in one piece) and am waiting on 45 deg washable air filter....theese little TNT's are a grom beater I rekn with the five speed box I think as it sits my 181cc big bore groms gonna loose its title as king of the groms! Keep your updates comming man I'm keen for other people's trial and errors and advice

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you sure the grom/ Nelli front sprockets are a match I think grom is 420 and Nelly is 428???? I'm new to the grom stuff too I just bought a tnt125 and two groms .crazy fun.i found out bikes a closer match to the Nelly but have received or tried em yet so maybe I'm wrong....I made a 32mm decat pipe to stock muffler setup outta stainless(work sponsored) and took air box out( no not in one piece) and am waiting on 45 deg washable air filter....theese little TNT's are a grom beater I rekn with the five speed box I think as it sits my 181cc big bore groms gonna loose its title as king of the groms! Keep your updates comming man I'm keen for other people's trial and errors and advice
My bad should have clarified. The benelli is a 428 and the grom is a 420. However, the shaft diameter and locking ring are the exact same. I had converted my grom to a 428 chain and sprockets a while ago, so sourced a front sprocket from the same place I bought my 428 converted sprockets.

·
Registered
120 Posts
all good man im not tryn to hate or shoot you down. i thought i had mis information.thought i ordered a whole heap of pit bike sprockets for no reason and was gonna have to become a ninja(not the kawasaki) to use them.keep the updates comming there doesnt seem to be alot of people on this site but there are no others.maybe theres not alot of benelli /chinnelli owners out there but theres some good knowladge here

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got around to adding a de-cat pipe from pipe werx. Helps with the sound (obviously), reduces some of the weight, and looks like it improves the ground clearance just a bit. While the sound is good the drone is a bit much at speed, thankfully pipe werx also has an extra quiet baffle that goes inside as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trying to cobble together an intake that works, so far 1st attempt was unsuccessful.

Also, getting the airbox out of these in one piece is a nightmare. Had to take apart the whole rear of the bike, just to allow enough room for the airbox to clear the rear tank bolts.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ha the airbox was a nightmare tried 45 twisting it and all I figured they put it in before motor at Benelli in the end I went a 45 pod filter worked ok.theres no air temp sensor I could see that I had to relocate so fairly ez...where were U planning to run that snorkel too.i figure I'll make a cover if it gets wet but think it'll be ok.but hot as here and no rain anytime soon

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Dude I am the answer to your friggin dreams right now!!!!my zorst is a bit different cos I made it out chair legs from work but same principle as yours( I'm cheap)here's your db issue solved if your willing to fill 2 quarter holes my bike now redlineson a 14 t front and never did with open exhaust or stock one....sounds fantastic too

IMG_20210328_124059_9.jpg
IMG_20210328_123311_1.jpg

IMG_20210328_124109_4.jpg IMG_20210328_123300_8.jpg

IMG_20210328_124049_9.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ok so I drilled a hole through back of muffler marked my holes .drilled and tapped hole in insert( one insert is longer than other so keeps the end result looking neat and straight.both inside ends are capped off( I had them with a hole in end but still too mousey.then I drilled 4 1/4 inch holes in each baffle straight through making 8 holes in total but still this thing was stupid crazy so I put nursery's in four internal holes and it's sweet af.sounds great goes better ( I wasn't chasing any sort of performance on this 1 hp beast but it is there)I'll post a pic after work or at work for you of actual insert it's a little crude but just seeing what would work.i got sick if opening up zorst to change baffles that didn't work.....it's 22. X1.6 stainless tube I believe( I fabricate wheel chairs for a living and it's just offcuts)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oi man please tell me where to find or what I can find it under.the piece of plastic I'm guessing that goes between to headlight shrouds and under the dash.i got the two putters( l+r) but no middle piece I can find so atm I'm just running headlight bare
IMG_20210329_072935_01.jpg

IMG_20210329_072935_01.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Airbox developments! Managed to gather the correct parts to put together a $25 intake (not including the K&N) with a correct intercooler pipe and an exhaust reducer.

Before the intake went in I made a guard to protect it from the rear wheel kicking things up. Love the way it looks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts