Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL I HOPE THIS IS NOT THE START OF TROUBLE .THE PROBLEM STARTED TODAY THE HEAD LIGHTS HIGH AND DIP WILL ONLY COME ON WHEN YOU REV THE BIKE UP,THE BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED, IVE CHECKED THE CONNECTIONS AND WIGGLED THE CABLES WHILE LIGHTS ARE OFF AND ON TO NO AVAIL THEY WILL STILL ONLY RESPOND TO THROTTLE OPENINGS THEY DONT EVEN FADE IN AND OUT ITS EITHER ON OR OFF HELP PLEASE I DONT REALY WANT A 3 HOUR JOURNEY TO THE DEALER :doh:

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Ferret, i had that on my treK the battery was fully charged but it wasn't holding the charge after the start up, changed battery under warrenty and no problems since

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Steve has the TreK got a similar map as the TNT, where at idle the lights cut in and out (to conserve battery)?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe ive been to busy riding to notice them until now lol thanx lads its just i dont recall it doing it before

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive just took a look at another trek and his does not do the same trick strange

·
3,085 Posts
yep

its a ecu program to help the battery have a easier time. apparently, Tnt's (some) do the same thing, hopefully Benelli bring out a better ecu program with out it and then you fit a super powerful battery.

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
It appears that that the Trek has the same set up as TNT where lights go out if the engine is idleing for any length of time, but since the new battery it has been that apparant that the lights fade as often, so i put mine down to a faulty battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts