Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lads we went for our little run out in a T5 lightning :ele:
It was absolutely brilliant, got loads of pics (tried to start my own album and down load some but their not there:confused: )
anyway thanks to Russell Carpenter the owner of XS458 and his dedicated team we had a fantastic day, one of the crew said she is just a little faster than a tornado Tre and she only runs on 2 :D
the high speed taxi runs were amazing and then the static re-heats were unbelievebly ear splitting, even got some shots of my lad wearing a forum sticker on his flight suit and helmet :D and we even made youtube I'm the fat b*stard in the red coat, my lad was sat in her (cold war lightning T5 jet) sorry I don't know to post an attachment :eek:
hope to sort piccys out but love me I'm thick :)

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried to set up my own album but think I may have done something wrong as i'm shite on computers and have to get my lad to help with everything (except surfing for filth of course:rolleyes: :D )
If i can't sort it I'll get him to show me how it's done :eek:
ps glad to hear from you mate, thought that bloke in black from final destination was after you ;)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheer's Rob, we had a brill time and if I had the cash I'd love to do it again:clap: but got things like a new tornado to cough up for soon :clap:
that aircraft is something else I can tell you :bow:

ps any chance you could please post the link to the youtube footage for me, I don't have a clue how to do it :eek: it's under (cold war lightning T5 jet)

Thanks mate, when I get my head round my pc I'll sort an album out, I'll even post some pics of my dear old nelli (bless her):)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Wow how cool was that ,heres a I took picture of a Saudi Lightning in the Norwich Air museum this year camping in Norfolk

Mark

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hiya Mark, it was a fantastic experience.
It's only in re-heat for about 4-6 seconds but what a feeling, I just wish the pilot had pulled back on the stick :D

he told me that lightning's only have wings on to keep the navigation light's apart :D
Iv'e loved lightning's since I was a little kid and couldn't let a chance like this pass me by.
It's over very quickly but will stay with me the rest of my life (bit like if I ever got the chance to shag cheryl cole ;) )

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Cheer's for that Rob, your a star :clap:

spitfire flypast just as awesome as the lightning run (both british and brilliant) and I'll be there next year!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Sounds Bril, and am very jealous!

The RAF Museum at Cosford has an excellent collection of cold war aircraft, incl. the lightning in a very impressive pose, plus F111, Gloster Javelin, Mig21 and the mighty Valiant, the first of Britains V bombers...

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It looks pretty cool Ian, Rob posted some pics of cosford a while back.
that lightning looks like it's just taken off :D
I'll have to give it a whirl next year (turn up on my nelli):clap:

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
i can see a lightning from my girlfriends bedroom window cos theirs an aircraft museum at the bottom of her garden, looks crap tho cos most of the planes look like scrap that i can see :(

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hiya Sparkey, that's a shame cos there's only 6 air worthy lightning's left in the world and 5 or them are in south africa and the one we went in over here.
they should be looking after them not letting them rot :(

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
i'm not sure what its like inside cos i've never been but the 1's i can see look like carcusses (git to have spelt that wrong) but they could be the 1's they're going to restore in the future :confused: i can see a couple of hawks & a big old helicopter

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where's this at exactly mate?
they should up their game and restore a few to get the punters in, mind you it's not cheap to do:(

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh yea, you can see the lightning behind what I think is an old wessex.
shame their left to rot outside:(
cheer's for that Sparkey, might pop up to have a gander myself when I get my Nelli (could meet up n go out for a spin mate :clap: )

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
its easy to find its only a few minutes off junction 3 of the m18
i'm always up for a blast (weather permitting lol)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
can i come and have a look at those aircraft Adrian too but i'll do it from your girlfriends window ;) :rolling: . just kidding , I had a ride in a Sea King when i was a teenager as my brother was in a passing out parade at HMS Ganges and they had phantoms you could climb all over plus Lynx helicopters to go in as well as the Sea Kings - like Helicopters lots :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts