Benelli Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,,, if you're like me you never believe what you read, only what you experience first hand or from those you trust. I've had my 05 benelli tre for a little over a year now, I had it delivered with the LV pipe and a tune from Evoluzione in california. What a bike... I had a chance to line it up against my 996 last year, it pulled away pretty good.

Now, my 1098S arrived a few weeks ago. Bone Stock. I broke it in over the past week and was finally ready to let it loose. A good friend of mine that rides a 05gixxer1000 offered to go riding with me so that I could get both of the bikes out together. He was the same guy who helped me line up my 996 vs the benelli last year..

We started on Lake shore drive here in chicago late at night. Both of us started in 2nd gear at about 70 or so mph. We laid into these two italian beauties. Through second gear he was having issues keeping the the front end of the 1098 down ,, we were dead even thus far. We both hit third, toward the middle of third the 1098 began to crawl away from me, once forth came it was all over . The 1098 seemed to become a different bike and it just disappeared on me. My surprise is that i really didn't expect the tornado to keep up at any speed, but it did, possibly because of the difficulty managing the torque in 2nd gear on the 1098. not sure.

He has ridden my benelli and agrees that it has the most unique feel and sound of any superbike on the road. But in the end, my 1098s was clearly faster, stock.. vs. my modded tornado.

I'm sure the new 1130 is quicker than the 900 but on the same token, I ran a Busa and the 05 gsxr 1000 , both rated over 170 hp as you know, and pulled them both on the 1098 this weekend.

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Welcome to the site!

That's a great write up and review. I have a 1098S too and am waiting on the 1130 Tornado. When the 900 powerplant first came out we generally felt that it should have been made a liter bike and that 900 was not really enough. I'm glad again that you mentioned that power isn't everything with this bike because I don't come near to using the 1098's full potential anyway.

Say hi to Ken for me. :)

Roland

1 - 2 of 2 Posts