Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay really anyone can help. I went out to start the MV and out comes fuel on the ground from inside the fairings. Doesn't leak when off. Doesn't leak when not running (At start with fuel pump pressurized but not running). Fire up, couple drops, then it leaks bad. All I can tell is it is not coming from an overflow tube of any sort. It is coming from somewhere higher...Lloyd when you coming for vacation? I need some help...

·
903 Posts
Hi John, sorry to hear of your fuel leak.

I suspect it could be coming from on of the plastic elbows that insert into the fuel tank (one is black & ones white). These are prone to cracking and are best replaced with aftemarket metal ones. Take off the seat by disconnecting the rear light loom and removing the two seat dowles. Undo the allen bolt securing the rear of the tank and lift up from the rear. Rest the tank frame mountings onto the airfilter housing (use a bit of rag to protect the housing) and then remove the fuel overflow tube, fuel pump loom and fuel pipes. To remove the fuel pipes press the metal locating tab in and then the pipe will come out. (Do not tug or lever!) Remove fuel tank and place in a safe place.

Inspect the plastic elbows that slot into the tank, I recommend replacement of both. On insertion back into the tank apply red grease to the "O" ring of each one to allow ease or refitting. I believe Ducati elbows fit MV's!

I have not heard of any other fuel leaks on MV's so feel sure that this is your problem.

Hope this helps.

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wrenching

Well I guess it is about time I learn to turn a wrench myself. i may need some adult supervision. Also may need some MV parts sent to me.

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you guys are driving...

from NC our house in Destin is about a half way trip...We are on the beach and should be able to take you to a personal showing of the Blue Angels. One of my renters is a Blue so they take fairly good care of me. Also some incredible restaurants nearby and some beauty beaches (like you don't have those in Aussie). Might even be able to get you in a simulator at work. have to ask about that one.

·
5,928 Posts
I worked on the navy F/18 simulator back in '85. When I got back to Oz, I had the pleasure of flying the RAAF F/A 18 simulator at Williamtown. That was a deal more sophisticated than the navy one. Flew it under the Sydney Harbour Bridge :D

You're in Destin, FL ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts