Benelli Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

It's not Lloyd, but his partner Sharon! Just thought I'd give you an update on Lloyd's further surgery yesterday to have all his metalwork removed from his leg!

The op seems to have gone ok, although some of the bigger bolts were a bugger to get out apparently, so Lloyd's feeling rather sore today. He was fine yesterday as he had some major pain relief and couldn't feel anything, but today the pain is back and making up for lost time!

There are a couple of other bikers on his ward, so that's good, although most of the other people are much older than him, so at least he's feeling young!

Not sure how long he will be in there for - probably over the weekend now. He hasn't really been able to put any weight on his foot/leg at the moment, so hopefully that will get easier with time and he'll be a bit more mobile.

Thanks to you all who posted their good wishes to him on the other thread - much appreciated!

Sharon

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Same from me too Sharon

(and if he has sneaked his mobile in with him - I will text him a few jokes to brighten his days !!!)

Kurt

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
although most of the other people are much older than him
Can this be true?..................there are actually people that are older than Lloyd in the ward??? I think that he must have told you to say that Sharon. :rolling:

Anyway, please pass on my best regards to the old bugger and hopefully it won't be too long before he's 'out and about' :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
1,841 Posts
Hi Sharon, please give Lloyd my best wishes, remind him he promised me a couple of titanium bolts for my bike !;) Make sure he has a good supply of KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN to keep his strength up.!!!!

·
5,886 Posts
Hi Sharon, please send the old bugger my best wishes as well. Hope he's back on his seat (MV that is - the turncoat) very shortly.
Errol

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi Sharon, thank you for the update here. Send all the best wishes to Lloyd on my behalf. His MV is waiting for him. Bon courage ;)

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Sharon, thanks for the update, please pass along my best wishes as well. I'm going to have surgery later this year to have hardware removed from my leg (yep, I broke mine in a motorcycle accident too, luckily not on the Benelli!).

Mark (in sunny California)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Best wishes from me also.
Lloyd had some kind/reassuring words for me soon after my accident, so hope I can do the same. I'm keen to hear of Lloyd's progress, as I'm hoping to get my pins removed later in the year.

With all that metal/bolts etc it sounds like you'll have a conversation-stopping piece of sculpture for your coffe-table

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm home!

:hiya: One and all, I'm home at last.

Firstly I must give a great big man hug and say thank you to all who sent me well wishes, it's great to know that friends are thinking of you when things get rough.

As most of you will know, I had a nasty off last October when a muppet turned right on me resulting in some painful injuries. Well this is my third op now which was to remove the large amount of metalwork required to put me back together again. As Sharon said, the surgeons had a little problem getting the biggest bolt out as it had got well and truely bedded in my bone. Suffice to say they had to be a bit brutal in the way they removed it, consiquently you could say I am in a little bit of pain!:bawl:

The scar that had heal up nicely after previous surgery was sliced open again requiring over 80 stitches, you could say it's a bit sore! Hopefully this will be the last of the invasive surgery required and things should get a bit better.

Simon & Ducboyjr, I hope you do not have the problems I had. I would like to say it's pain free but I'd be lying!:rolling:

Anyway, looking forward to the future and being able to get back on my bike again. The way the Brit weather is going at moment it looks as if I will be missing whats left of the summer!:doh:

Oh buy the way, I asked for my metalwork back but was told that under "Health n Safety" I was not allowed it as I could hurt myself with it! I told them that it had been keeping me together for the last seven months and hadn,t done so to date but to no avail!:doh: What is this country coming to?

Good to be back guy's!:jig:

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Lloyd! Welcome home! I'm glad things went relatively well, sorry you're in such pain but that will pass. I'm amazed they won't let you keep your hardware - my surgeon told me "you're going to want to save this stuff when I take it out" so he's already planning to hand it over to me when the time comes. I get my next x-rays on Aug 7 to see how well the bone has healed and hopefully we can schedule my removal surgery after that. I'm getting really tired of all the screw heads right under the skin on my ankle - they hurt, especially when I accidentally bang the ankle on a table leg :bawl: .

I hope you're back on 2 wheels very soon mate!

cheers -
mark

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Lloyd, Welcome home friend!

I'd love to say I'll be round on the bike on Friday afternoon to see you, unfortunately the bike was carted of in the back of a van about 2 hours ago as the new plugs didn't help matters at all!

Hopefully Mike at MotoCorsa will get the thing (together with a few other issues) sorted ready for the start of Summer - in September!

Andy

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Glad to see you back on the Forum matey. Pity your in so much pain at the mo but as make says, it'll just take a bit of time.

I'm sure that Sharon will be looking after you well and we all appreciated her updates on your progress while in hospital.

Best regards to you both.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Welcome home fella
(If your anything like me - I would sooner live in a kennel than stay in hospital !!)

Sounds like your struggling with the pain thing - I mean, like, wow, did it really hurt then !! :rolling:

No seriously Lloyd - glad it got sorted and your now home:ele:

Hope the rest of your rehab goes well and I look forward to seeing you out on that MV sometime

1 - 18 of 18 Posts