Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
903 Posts
Yep!

:p

:hiya: Terry

I did go with my partner Sharon. Tornado Tre and 66Shark. I met up with Colin Tornado, Lupus and others who's names escape me (sorry guy's) and a number of people who knew me but I did not know them!:eek:

Although it was good to be able to get out of the house we thought the show was a bit of a letdown, only three manufacturers could be bothered the rest being made up by independants (Who mainly made a good job of it!).
What with rip off car parking and entry fee I thought it was pretty poor, but then what do we expect with MCN running the show!:mad:

Red Dog had a great stand with the new Trek and Tornado, also with some other interesting machines. What did you think of the Vryus? I loved it, but at £38,000.00 I don't think I will ever get one!

I bought a load of stuff for my son's (Damien) new Suzuki at half the price he was quoted from a main dealer and a cracking set of one peice leathers from Padgets. Tornado Tre bought a cheap set of 208RR's for £135.00! :D

Somewhere along the way we lost 66shark, he was last seen with a beer in his hand!:gulp: (Sharky, give me a call mate!)

What did you think of the new Tornado, I liked the bike but there was too much green for me, the black one was awful though,:eek: :eek: semi gloss black paint just did not do it for me, if it had been a matt black it would have been much better. I found out that they are coming with dry clutches as standard.:clap: The new trek was certainly attracting some attention, I though it looked great and feel sure that it will sell, Sharon loved it!

Hopefully I will attatch some pics of the bikes in my album soon for others to see.

Overall 5/10:(

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Hi Lloyd,

Many thanks for the 'show report' and I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.

I was glad that you managed to tie up with Sharky as I was getting really worried about some of the posts he had been making recently.

Was he OK on the day and did he just put it down to being on the booze?

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep Lloyd just how I felt, just have to hope the big manufactures support it next year...... if they dont I won't be going again, Reddog and ducati were the best. ;)
Terry

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Unfortunately isn''t that the case with the show? It always seemed to be a bit of an end of season sell off/ car boot sale withno suport from dealers or manfacturers!

Even the NEC is a huge let down as no one seems to be interested in showing their bike wares in the UK.

As for rip of prices.... well £9 to park and £8 for me Lloyd and Sharon to have a coffee... next time I'll take a flask!

It was good to get to know the Red Dog crew via Lloyd, and think my next service will definately be done at the Burgess Hill shop! (that's if I can't get the time to go up to Barnsley to get Russ to do it!)

Andy

·
903 Posts
Sharky

Laurence, the pictures are now in my album. :D

Not sure about Sharky, once in the show we lost him! I do know that he bought some fluffy toys with him that he gave out to the guy's at the Red Dog stand then he disapeared!

He looked well before we split up! We looked for him before we went home but there was no site of him. When we left, his bike was all alone in the car park!

Sharky give me a call or post a thread so we know you are ok as we where worried about whether you got home or not!:ele:

·
349 Posts
High guys,
My partner Louise and i got to the Red Dog stand about 12.20.Spoke to the guys from KJM and Red Dog but didnt see anyone looking as though they were hanging round and it was so busy.Sorry we did not see you all.
We went back to the stand then around 3.00 and saw a guy on crutches dressed in beige,was that you Lloyd?
The more i see the green 1130 Tre the more i like it!
We had a stroke of luck as soon as we arrived in the Foyer.A couple came up to us and gave us their passes,what a result!
We were too late to see the stunt show it was full up.I dont know whether i would go again,it is too much of a drag for us in the west country.
Zebo.:)

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
saw a guy on crutches dressed in beige ,was that you Lloyd?

Yeah, that sounds like LLoyd right enough:rolling: :rolling:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
High guys,
My partner Louise and i got to the Red Dog stand about 12.20.Spoke to the guys from KJM and Red Dog but didnt see anyone looking as though they were hanging round and it was so busy.Sorry we did not see you all.
We went back to the stand then around 3.00 and saw a guy on crutches dressed in beige,was that you Lloyd?
The more i see the green 1130 Tre the more i like it!
We had a stroke of luck as soon as we arrived in the Foyer.A couple came up to us and gave us their passes,what a result!
We were too late to see the stunt show it was full up.I dont know whether i would go again,it is too much of a drag for us in the west country.
Zebo.:)
Yep, that was him, and I was the guy carrying a set of rubber rings around stood next to him!

·
903 Posts
Yep that was me!

That was me, sorry we missed you Zebo. What did you think of the show?

Laurence, I was wearing CREAM;)

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Laurence, I was wearing CREAM;)
If I'm not mistaken Lloyd you'll be 47 in April.:eek:
Believe me mate, anything that remotely resembles cream at that age is definitely considered to be beige (I should know):rolling:

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lloyd I've now got this frightening image of you at the reddog stand :rolling:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
903 Posts
Not me!

Naa, not me that guy has got far too much hair!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

And yes, I will be 47 years young on April 17th! That's of course if I don't snuff it before hand!:eek:

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Nice one Max.......and I love the quote on the site:-

remember that an old person is for life* and not just for Christmas.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Now now guys - come on - no need to kick a man whilst he is down and crippled

Just because Lloyd can remember what it was like when the earth was still cooling doesnt make him old :rolling:

(or does it ;) )

Look on the bright side though Lloyd - not that long till you get your bus pass and all that money you save can go toward more Bling for the MMMMVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE

·
903 Posts
Beige

I just checked out the website and guess what! I have a Crap 'o' Matic just like the one on the first page. Uncanny that!!!!!:rolling:

Anyway, beige is a neutral colour and does not offend anyone in this political world of ours and being of the older generation I do not have to worry about colour co-ordinating, or be fashion conscious!

Everyone loves old people,:hero: I can fart in bed and not worry,:fart: I can get drunk and not get arrested:gulp: and I can afford an MV Agusta!:jig:

Oh and finally I don't give a F***!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Haha :rolling:

Is buying a MV part of spending the grand kids inheritance ??? :rolling: :rolling:

Last week it was pick on Al - this week seems to be your turn - I guess mine will come sooner or later ?? !!

Even if you not so mobile - at least you have your humour - oh and us p#ss taking bas#ards too !! :rolling: :ele:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts