Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as a long range tank for the TRE.

The current tank is far to small for weekend ride outs.
My last bike the VFR Honda did 160 miles to a tank, today the Nelli gives me about 90 miles:bawl: :bawl: .

Any ideas ( and don't say buy a VFR:doh: )

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
ummm yes!

the factory would say it is a race bike not a commuter:rolling:

So 90 miles would be more than enough for most tracks:ele:

I know what you mean though, when ever I go on a group ride I am the fisrt to pull into a gas station at the 90M mark, much to the amusement of the others:bawl:

·
5,934 Posts
when ever I go on a group ride I am the first to pull into a gas station at the 90M mark
Hey Tax, presumably you're the first to pull in because you're quicker than the rest?:D

See if you can encourage a VTR1000 owner to ride with your group. He'll be looking for juice before you!

Seriously though, I've often thought that a couple extra litres would come in handy, especially

in Tassy!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder how difficult it would be to split the tank and weld an extra bit of metal into increase the volume.

Any one tried it yet, Is there a damaged tank going spare?

On UK television we have Orange County Choppers a USA tv show about choppers,and they regularly cut fule tanks.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I average 90-100 mls between fill ups - although I was guilty of thrashing the nuts of her on one trip to silverstone and did a constant (ahem) high speed and got nearly 120 to a full tank !!

I was shocked to find the more you rev her the better she gets at fuel consumption !!

I mentioned this to Russ and he installed the latest map and I get around 100 now to every fill up regardless how hard (or gentle) I ride ???

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm getting around 100 miles between fill-ups as well. :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Range

I have no idea how many I get from the tank except it is less than 100 miles.

I don't know how to reset the trip :bawl:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have no idea how many I get from the tank except it is less than 100 miles.

I don't know how to reset the trip :bawl:
Easy the button underneath your clutch lever push it twice. Aslong as you have trip mode on screen.:doh: As for the fuel i get around 120 before the light comes on then about another 20 or so before empty. But havn't gone that far . yet.:bawl:

·
Registered
256 Posts
140 and not run out

I love Italian foibles of the cars and bikes:doh: - the fuel gauge looks useful, but tends to stay full tor about 60 miles then plummet. Mine hits the amber warning light around 100 miles, and I regularly do 140 before a refill, and never get anywhere near the 17 litres then tank should hold. But then I have a vfr too and I get 200 out of that so maybe its my riding:eek: weak wrists:D Mind you still get 110 miles on track days tankful caning it all day, but do have to fill up at lunchtimes:mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts