Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all
Having abit of shoulder trouble recently and i will find the Tornado painful to ride daily so looking for a commuter. Just had opperation on the offending joint so it may be ok but wont know for a week or 3. Still think i'd rather comute on another bike tho... so I'm looking for a Trek but don't want a new 1 really.
Does anyone know of any pre owned Trek's for sale anywhere in the UK.
Been looking but nothing yet.
Been looking at 900/955 Tigers & there are some cheap 1's about butl i'd rather stick with benelli.
Wot sort of price are the 900 Trek's going to be, (yes i know they are new), and were has the motor for them come from... There not old Tornado motors that they have found in a shed somewhere are they.:rolling:
You never know...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that friend.

Seems abit daft to by a pre owned 1130 when i can buy a brand new 899 for a bit more £..

Only thing that worries me about these 899s is the power, 79 Kw seems quite low compared to the Tornado at 105 kw. Wots that in rear wheel horse bhp... 90bhp compared to 120 bhp.. i don't know how you convert 1 2 the other. Loaded with laugage and the current Mrs Pony half way up a mountain in France i would think that may be a bit of a pain. i Know that BHP = Speed and thats not really wot the Trek is really about. Torque figuers don't seem that high either.. My Tornado pulls ok 2 up with lugage so can the 899 Trek can afford to loose 12Nm's of torque :confused:

So may be i DO needan 1130

SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN IT ALL TO ME

·
Bristol Member
102 Posts
Check out Bike trader online, There is a Green and Silver 08 Tre-K with 1200miles for £5995 at Red Dog motorcycles, and the other day there was a 08 Amazonas for £4995 at a dealers near Bristol but thats seems to have gone now.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
There u go Simon:-

79kw = 105BHP

105kw = 140BHP

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for you help friends ...

Think i'm going to look at some older tigers.900/955's... cheap, About a £1000 to £1200 for a 900, and i can put 1 on my Beni insurance at no extra cost.
Unless i trade my Tornado in. . . . . :confused: :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts