Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

ive been biking for many a year now and after my time on the rice burners and moving on to the italian machines ive decided that the tornado is one stunning bike.

Im currently thrashing round the reading area on my 748r, but found that it just doesnt have the legs on fast open roads, this is where my new obsession has come to light.

I am really trying to get hold of a decent tornado, i have trawled through all the forums and visited the you tube sites to check out the lovely lines on the T . Looks are fantastic and i even managed to get on one for 5 mins and they feel so light for their size.

I do have a couple of issues and require your advice before i do pay out the cash.

After extensive research i still cant quite seem to find a nice exhaust for the Tornado, they all seem to be huge horrible looking cans, do riders here have a preferred choice or is it slim market for the T. Im coming from a duke which sounds fantastic and like to know that the power is between my legs. Are there any exhaust out there that really do the bike justice in the sound department.

Also whats the deal with servicing, Finding a dealer seems quite hard and i do prefer to get the job done at the well established dealers.

regards

Bren

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Hi Bren, Glad you're looking at the Tornado (Any Colour will do as long as it's Green & Silver :rolleyes: )

I suppose the dealer depends where you're based ? I've only had dealings with KJM of Wigan & Bennetts of Barnsley, who are both Ace !

Are you buying Private or Dealer ? Borat has a good one for sale on e.bay as he's upgrading his to an LE, the Lucky Git !

Check Errols web site or Gallery, he's just had a MotoGP style exhaust from a place in Stafford, they are on e.bay at around £275 but sound F*ckin' Awesome or there's the Remus from the likes of Bennetts, but more expensive.

Errols site www.engenia.com.au

by the way, WELCOME !

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Welcome to the bestest forum on the planet !!!. If your in the Market for a Tornado it would be wise to buy from a benelli owner or a dealer thats renowned for there expertise to give you confidence. Simons RS is Fantastic and my RS was alongside his at the Stafford Show in 2008 . If yellow is your colour this would be a fantastic buy. Your question regarding the exhaust i'd say the remus is a superb piece of kit as supplied by bennetts and the Motogp can prototype can was tried on my RS by the manufacturers after building and was brilliant in looks , noise and generally an improvement on the standard can. Pictures are in my gallery of the Motogp can fitted. My RS has on the Official Benelli Titanium can with link pipe and if the yellow RS doesnt take your fancy you can always look at buying a nice RS Tornado with all the bling extras you could ever want (extra carbon)and a number plate to die for which is " T 900 RS " great for a Benelli Tornado RS i'd think you would agree -that'd be mine by the way :D . I am buying a newer Tornado (LE) so mine has to go but its not as important others that it goes . Good Luck with whatever you do and you must see a yellow RS as they are stunning (red RS's are nice and the Green/Silver Tre's are lovely - :) .

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hi Bren
Welcome to the forum.
Congrats on choosing a TOrnado for your next bike - I ditto the comments on here - make sure its from someone you frequents this forum (if you are buying private) as there is every chance it has been well looked after and serviced etc

As for an exhaust - unfortunatly the market for a Tornado is limited - a blueflame & Leo Vinci are available but look like the originals in alot of respects - however a remus and 'motoGp' can are available - I have a remus on mine (from Russ @ Bennetts) check the link here
There is also a clip of Remus on a Tornado on Youtube to - check HERE too

Dealers that are highly recommended by users of this forum are Bennetts (Barnsley) and KJM (Wigan) - I'm sure some of the other guys will add their recommendations to the thread when they pop on
Good luck with the hunt

Dont be afraid to ask questions on here (well not if you dont mind some stupid answers too :rolling: )

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi guys,

ive been biking for many a year now and after my time on the rice burners and moving on to the italian machines ive decided that the tornado is one stunning bike.

Im currently thrashing round the reading area on my 748r, but found that it just doesnt have the legs on fast open roads, this is where my new obsession has come to light.

I am really trying to get hold of a decent tornado, i have trawled through all the forums and visited the you tube sites to check out the lovely lines on the T . Looks are fantastic and i even managed to get on one for 5 mins and they feel so light for their size.

I do have a couple of issues and require your advice before i do pay out the cash.

After extensive research i still cant quite seem to find a nice exhaust for the Tornado, they all seem to be huge horrible looking cans, do riders here have a preferred choice or is it slim market for the T. Im coming from a duke which sounds fantastic and like to know that the power is between my legs. Are there any exhaust out there that really do the bike justice in the sound department.

Also whats the deal with servicing, Finding a dealer seems quite hard and i do prefer to get the job done at the well established dealers.

regards

Bren
I still have one new LE left for sale. Has the kit and cover, race pipe, etc. Where are you located?

·
Registered
19 Posts
RS exhaust

Hi,when i first rode the RS on the open road with the standard system i was blown away with the sound,luscious,deep,and coming of a K3 1000 with yoshi,just so much richer,then installed the factory aftermarket system,half the weight,more noise but without the quality so still think the standard system has the best noise!

·
Registered
19 Posts
RS oooh

Hi forgot to mention having serious withdrawal symptoms due to lack of Tornado even though Tuono is so much fun ,so have fitted foot pegs gear change linkage of nellie to nero and the possibility of changing the front end to fit the nellie forks/brakes and rear shock ,only problem is what do i call it?

G

·
Hi forgot to mention having serious withdrawal symptoms due to lack of Tornado
So BUY MY RS THEN FRIEND. . . OK postage may be a little high to NZ but i'll bet there isn't another YELLOW 1 out there

£5000 of the Queens finest Pounds and you can sort your shipping costs
IS IT A DEAL :clap: :clap: :clap: :)bawl: :bawl: :bawl:)
(thought not)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts