Benelli Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAd the bike at A1 in ringwood Melbourne a little while ago to get the seal behind the clutch replaced that was leaking. Got the bike back and it has stopped leaking did a track day and all was fine. Left the bike in the garage rode it once or twice and then went back tot he track and what do you know just as i was posting some good numbers (for myself that is) i was in 6th down the straight and i lost drive the bike would rev but i was not going anywhere. Then it started to happen to me in every gear. Just as the revs build to say 7000 rpm and more the bike would lose drive, it was if the clutch was slipping. I put the bike on the trailer once i noticed this and took it home. I tried to take it around the block the next day and the clutch would not grab at all i had trouble even getting the thing to go. I got to the top of my street shut it off and rolled it back into my garage. Anyone have any ideas?

I also have another question about the slipper clutch on this bike. It is totally weired. I don't know if it is that something has not been installed properly, but if i drop down a gear say from 6th to fourth to take turn one at the island, ill let go of the clutch but the revs will not pick up like a normal bike, i actually have to turn the throttle to pick the revs up then all of a sudden the bike will engage and take off. It is scary whe this happens especially at 160kph and above.

·
3,085 Posts
weird

you have they 1130 right? the dry unit, i did read in AMCN that the revs drop when the clutch is engaged. sounds like a possible electrical gremlin is its a electrical signal from the clutch to the ecu?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts