Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems theres a rash of tonados for sale at the moment all 08/09 with very low mileage.

Does it so happen these people all bought because of the price drop and then a few months on with warranty issues, build quality, waiting for parts to arrive, decided they were too much hassle and are selling to move back to japanese models??

whats everyones thoughts?

·
DAMN YANKEE - NH USA
65 Posts
I bought mine(TNT) because of the cheap price. There was a rash of problems the first owner had in the first 200 miles. I had to bring it to the dealer because the clutch was slipping(400miles). I now have 600 miles and 1 year and 9months of the warranty left.

I have thought of selling it already because it was an impulse buy and I am worried about the reliability. You read about a lot of problems on this website but I think the reality is that the bike is reliable after the known problems are sorted. There doesn't seem to be any complaints outside of the basic few.

The price of parts has me a little worried but not enough to stop me from keeping it.

The sheer sexiness, power, and attention getting prowess of this bike makes it all worth it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
seems theres a rash of tonados for sale at the moment all 08/09 with very low mileage.

Does it so happen these people all bought because of the price drop and then a few months on with warranty issues, build quality, waiting for parts to arrive, decided they were too much hassle and are selling to move back to japanese models??

Mine is one of the low mileage ones currently for sale. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It was properly PDI'd by Bennetts. The only reason for sale is because I was made redundant earlier this year. Unfortunately the mortgage has to come first!

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Same comment I made...

Hi.:D

This is the same comment I made and got a backlash from a dealer on here!!;)

I've just bort a new'un for 5995 and I am tote happy with it. Done 500 miles in a week.:clap:
This forum is a BIG help.
I reckon, like most members think, that many of these people have just made the wrong choice or need the cash...simple as that.:bawl:
They look good, go well, but need that little bit more ummm...luvin and just maybe, hands on treatment.:p

Fredexe bort his used Nelli from the back of a dealers when he looked for an R1 and bort that instead, had no problems at all! (love at 1st sight wasn't it Fred??):p

These bikes need you to find your happy ground getting used to them.
It may take days/weeks/months, not like a jap ;)

·
Ready for summer
381 Posts

Hi Guys
For me i can see why people with issues with warranties and or the wait for parts,dealers or Moto GB would loose faith with the brand because i was close to doing the same. But those brief moments when the bike is on song on a good road:D :D :D . YOU NEED THAT IN YOUR LIFE. Stay with it boys. the rewards are there :jig:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi, bought mine in march, loved them for a few year but couldn't afford one until the price dropped but after 7 months and more than 2000mile i still love the bike, but i agree its a bit of an aquired taste if you know what i mean and some people just can not live with the quirks of a different bike. ron d:) :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The people that sell the low millage nelli's are the same people that are selling the low millage Triumph's 675's, BMW 1200 GS's, and the like:doh: Simple they go for a walk round a showroom on a weekend see something they think they like and swap it:doh: dealers love em:rolling: The good thing for me and you is they take the hit on the tax side:rolling: They are not bikers in the real sence, more like wanabe bikers:rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
513 Posts
The people that sell the low millage nelli's are the same people that are selling the low millage Triumph's 675's, BMW 1200 GS's, and the like:doh: Simple they go for a walk round a showroom on a weekend see something they think they like and swap it:doh: dealers love em:rolling: The good thing for me and you is they take the hit on the tax side:rolling: They are not bikers in the real sence, more like wanabe bikers:rolling: :rolling:
Ditto on that Tony no other bike has the real 'feel good factor' and character but it does mean you have to rise above the niggles and sometime major niggles they suffer.Stick with it its worth it

Mark

·
Registered
885 Posts
When I was looking for one last year, the majority of them had very little mileage, between 1000-3000mls, which led me to believe that most of them had been ornaments! think also with the way the economy is folks are needing to offload there expensive toys to free up some cash to keep their other halfs happy, I say let them sell them and like said they will take the financial hit and some worthy new owner shall get it and appreciate it for what it is and eventually prices may start to creep up again. (or I may be talking utter crap:rolling: )

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Bit deep maaan

I've been a mistress to the hard shoulder in the past!
Why do we get ureliable vehicles and love'um to bits?:confused:
Why do bike shops warn us, sell them, and we still buy them...like me.:confused: :confused:
I suppose we all like an up and down relationship, makes you glad of the high's...after the lows.:D

Anyone know of a Tornado owning wench...any such creature??:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts