Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what i would like to do is fit a givi or similar top box. as hideous as it will look when i go touring i feel will be ideal with my soft tnt pannier luggage . now problem . is there ,and where if poss can 1 get a frame that just holds a top box on a trek . do they exicst are they custom made or does one have to resort to 12 kilos of blue tack and duckt tape . any info humerous or informative would be a help .

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
I take it you have the benelli accessory pdf off the benelli website

On page 63 they show a top box on a rack but they dont sell a rack only the pannier rack

Weird eh!!!

i was wanting a pannier rack like that one for my TnT but it does not fit either

Its made by Givi but theres no mention on there site

Maybe the best course of action is to contact givi direct as its likely to be there rack in the pic

·
Registered
444 Posts
Richard

what i would like to do is fit a givi or similar top box. as hideous as it will look when i go touring i feel will be ideal with my soft tnt pannier luggage . now problem . is there ,and where if poss can 1 get a frame that just holds a top box on a trek . do they exicst are they custom made or does one have to resort to 12 kilos of blue tack and duckt tape . any info humerous or informative would be a help .
I'd suggest starting here
http://www.givi.co.uk/Fitment-kits/

Tuono

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
In 'My MOTORCYCLE' there is no benelli listed

but in mono racks there is a universal rack which might be a starting point

lots of meccano bits to find mountings on your bike

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
hi i have the givi side panniers and also want a rack i did see at the nec the pannier and top box set up sold by benelli it looks like they have just welded a rack plate or wing rack to the pannier side bars i will be contacting them direct but as i understand it its a complete kit which i do not require so i will let you know if its available separate ,if not i will make one fit .

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok rang givi no info gleaned from them ,so searched ebay italy souced the side bars and the topbox rack ,purchased ,arrived fitted , then ebay the boxes and found bought and fitted ,total time took from sourcing to fitting 10 days .moto gb 3 weeks to send rack then sent wrong one ,what a suprise .
Must say when all fitted bike looks like a honda/bmw booring but well handy when touring or shopping in central london .

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
where did the rack come from and is it givi as i have the rest already thanx post a pic aswell if you can

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
came from cavendon motors italy , go ebay italy type in benelli trek parts shoud come up . the rack listed is for hepco but they do one for givi just specify the top box rack is not listed with the side bars but they have them , email or call them but you need to speak italian to converse as there english is limited but will say brilliant honest dealer they will add approx 35 euro for uk delivery but sure if angus passing he will pick up 4 u .

·
nellie hibernation guard
92 Posts
Its good to know that Cavendon do pannier rails with Givi fittings. It means I can keep the boxes from my wing rack and just get new rails.
Might try making my wing rack fit first though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
@richardm:

The top box rack..... is it a single item or is it connected to the side panniers? I mean, can I mount it separately from the side panniers or not? Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings
Tostan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts