Benelli Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody, here is a copy of the email I have sent everyone who ordered a copy, please read FYI

"Hello all, I'm sending you this email as I've been forced to stop the publishing of the magazine, major drama's getting the magazine made has tried my patience to the very end. So I've decided to refund you all your money and publish the magazine electronically on the web instead. You have been the only people to purchase the magazine on good faith and I very much appreciate your support of the efforts I have made in getting it up. While I always wanted a nice glossy hold in your hand magazine the financial outlay and headaches have totally put me off, that and a uncooperative publisher. With Family, full time work and part time university studies I decided to just do the magazine in electronic form, hopefully in the coming days I can find someone to host the electronic file (approx 60Mb) and that way anyone with access to Microsoft Publisher can download it for free. Your monies will be refunding by me over the next few hours via paypal. I hope you get to enjoy the electronic version :).

On a bright note apart from the 18 people on this list (16 paid buyer and a copy to Roland and Errol for free for their contributions) I only had to unload a further 482 copies to break even, not likely, so with the $5,000 it was going to cost me I've decided to put it into the Tornado RS hot up box and /or put it to a TnT for xmas.

Once again I'm extremely sorry guys. Hopefully Roland or someone on the forum will offer to host the magazine on their web site and we can all enjoy it for free, Such a shame as I really enjoyed creating it, but I didn't get into it to make ( or Lose!! ) money or my mind

You should all have you monies in the next few days in your paypal account.

Hell, I can always throw myself into buying performance bits for the Tornado via Laurence now anyway :)""

So who's interested in hosting a electronic copy for pepole to download for free??
I can mail them a CD ASAP

Once Again, sorry everybody, I just cant cop a 5K out of pocket expense and the drama's anymore, i figure electronic is easier and cheaper for all of us.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I decided to just do the magazine in electronic form, hopefully in the coming days I can find someone to host the electronic file (approx 60Mb) and that way anyone with access to Microsoft Publisher can download it for free.
I'll have to check it, but I think I might be able to host such a file. I'm in Europe, though, not down under.

But for the life of Brian, I simply cannot understand why on earth should such a publication be released and available only in some proprietary Microsoft file format, of all possible formats???
Pardon me for possibly sounding a bit blunt, but that would be a poor choice indeed.

I would strongly recommend publishing it in one of the industry standard and cross-platform-compatible formats, like the .pdf format. That would make it accessible and readable to virtually everyone, regardless of their operating system or software in use. Not all of the potential readers have access to MS Office, let alone MS Publisher or MS anything, ftm. Virtually all systems, however, do support the Adobe pdf format, be it a Windows or some other platform.

I for one would be interested in downloading the Benelli online magazine in question, but I don't have access to MS Publisher, and I certainly won't buy a pricey copy of MS Office just to be able to do so. Especially when there are better and free alternatives available.

·
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hells knows

I can PDF it no problems, forget asking me about pc questions as I know Sweet F*Ck all what you talking about :), I can PDF it burn it to cd and post it to whoevers keen on hosting it ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Okay, perhaps I came on a bit too harshly...
Anyway, I used to be an IT pro and a webmaster, and during that era I developed this condition of getting tired of non-standard stuff, and anything MS is still one of my favourite things to loathe. :)
I've just had way too much 'experience' (read: agony).

Anyway, my primary web quota seems to be a bit too low on free megabytes right now, so a 60MB file might be an order a bit too tall right now.
But I might be able to get some more, eventually, so in case no one else can offer their help, I'll see what I can do, later on. Any chances to put the file on a diet?

·
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey hey

I'll PDF it today and see what size it comes out at, I've been waiting for 3 months now for our IT guys to renew my adobe licence !!, so I'll borrow someone elses machine to do the job :)

I could always take out the bikini babe on the CR if you want it a bit smaller :)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hello,

Just new to the forum so please forgive what I say sounds stupid but, is this magazine the same one that is on eBay (item 200139655396)?

Stephen..

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Hi Stephen and welcome to the forum mate.

Yip, It's the same mag alright. Nathen (AusieRS) was using ebay to collect orders for the mag but as you can see he has run into difficulty in publishing it so it has now been canned in paper format but with a bit of luck you will be able to view it on-line in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thanks Laurence,

I look forward to reading it when it is ready.

Just a thought but if Nathen (AusieRS) does convert the file into a PDF and reduces the file size it could be feasible for him to offer the magazine as an email attachment and still charge a fee, which if nothing else will give him something rather than nothing for all his trouble.

Stephen..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did this magazine ever get posted? I can host it if there is still a need.

Thanks Laurence,

I look forward to reading it when it is ready.

Just a thought but if Nathen (AusieRS) does convert the file into a PDF and reduces the file size it could be feasible for him to offer the magazine as an email attachment and still charge a fee, which if nothing else will give him something rather than nothing for all his trouble.

Stephen..

·
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool

I have it in MS publisher, the problem is when I go to convert it to a PDF it goes upside down and back to front?, and now my Adobe licence has expired and work IT is taking months to fix it!!, if you think you can convert it successfully and host it, its about 60 Mb, I'll post it to you today on a CD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts