Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from the episode of the nellie spewing its coolant over the weekend, i gave the system a bloody good bleed and went out for a spin last night.

The trip meter did not reset itself,
The temp guage behaved itself (in fact better than ever)
I came across a group of ten or so Blades/Gixers etc and saw them off (well it was on "my" road!)
Still gobsmacked at just how well it handles.

Rounded off with a pint of the black stuff at a local hostelry....finally got away from the inquisitive crowd and put the bike away with a gentle stroke goodnight (well we all do, dont we?)

Only 50 or so miles covered (and nearly a tank full of juice!) but what a splendid evening.............

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
absobloodulutely!......especially when a number of them obviuosly thought trying fairly hard.... at least judging by their antics of jumping all over the bikes, hanging off big style....prefer more of classic tucked in style myself...

The nellie may not be fastest thing in a straight line but the confidence its handling gives more than makes up for it. love it!:ele:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I say old chap, that's a bloody splendid story what what. I was telling the chaps down at the golf club the other day at the seventeenth hole how you saw off those darned Japs. Bloody good show old bean, we all had a right gufaw at your antics over a few sherries at the clubhouse afterwards. Got to keep those blighters at arms length if you ask me:rolling:

Why the hell did I just write that in that style:confused: I've no idea old chap:doh: :rolling:

Al:D

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
After seeing the speed of frasers and neely's tornado's im not surprised you saw those nips off

So you actually get more than 50 miles to a tank:ele:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aye, thats a thought...Have already decided to keep stum about the bikes little "issues" when speaking to interested bikers...who knows they may just go out and buy some, which will help us all in the long run!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Yes, yes and more yes, its just great to ride these things, anytime, anyplace anywhere (Wasnt that an advert years ago??)

Fueling up, seems to be a problem at the moment, not with the bike, its the people that keep stopping to chat about it, takes ages to fill up and you have to go so often as well.

Was this a clever ploy by our Italian friends in Pesaro to maximise exposure of the bikes, by keeping fuel consumption high, or simply that the Italians like to be seen as much as possible !!!!!!!

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Nice one mate... :clap:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts