Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Chaps & Chapessess,
Are Any Of You Lot Going On The May Day Run This Year, Would Be Great To Meet Up At Locksbottom, Kent & Ride Down Together To Hastings. About Time We Treated The Biking Public To A Nelli-fest Dont You Think?????
you can find all of the details at maydayrun.co.uk , there are loads of photos of previous years & all the details you will need

·
1,841 Posts
I will be going if is not p...ing down, would be good if a few of us meet there and ride down together. :D Is it monday may 5th ?

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May the 5th be with you Luke!!!!

I will be going if is not p...ing down, would be good if a few of us meet there and ride down together. :D Is it monday may 5th ?
yes mate, its best to get to Locksbottom early as there is usually 2000 bikes, so parking is at a premium. Its a good day out but make sure that you coolent is topped up as there can be a bit of traffic for the 1st couple of miles(usually caused by some plonker pulling out in front of an truck or a jap bike boiling over & spewing green stuff on the Queens highway)
Hope we can all meet up for some jollifications !!;) :D oh, bye the way, have checked the long range forcast for May 5th...... Sunshine all the way:p

·
1,841 Posts
Lee, i usually go but dont bother going to locksbottom, we will have to arrange a time when it gets a bit closer.
Talking about COOLANT, dont top up the tank under the seat ! although it looks like an expansion tank (the level marks fool you !) it is only a catch tank. if you have any fluid in it and the engine overheats the relief cap opens and pressurised fluid goes into the tank,it then pushes fluid that is in there out through the vent pipe that discharges at the front of the engine. Motto leave it empty.
Are you coming Marco ?

·
903 Posts
Colin, Leon I aim to go to Locksbottom with my son for the start of the run (not sure what bike yet).

I have been going now for nearly 20 years, its great to see the bikes start off. If you are interested we could meet up and go together!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts