Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listen up children, On Sunday the 16th i tried to start my TNT. Same problem, running on two/one pot. :bawl: I desperately need a mechanic to sort it for me as i am dying of benellitis:rolling: . Does anyone know where i can get it fettled:bow:. preferably within flying distance to Newcastle/tyne.:ele: I have been reading threads till they are coming out of my ears. Please,Please somebody help me. :bow: :bow:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
How old is your bike and is it under warranty at all ? . more info regarding age and symptons other than cold pots , ie does any of the non running ones chime in at certain revs ?. help is easy - feeding me with biscuits,cake etc now thats the hard bit :D

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Quick lads he needs help urgently. you can tell by his frequent use of happy emoticons that he is on the verge of a massive breakdown:D

Hopefully these guys can help you get going again but if not the nearest dealer to you is http://www.tandmmotorcycles.co.uk/ in Scotland 65 miles from newcastle or moto strada in leeds but none of them will have parts just waiting for you to land there

Or find a small workshop bike mechanic to help

·
Fyule
697 Posts
OK Chaps, coil stick supply centre here:D

are the coil sticks likely to be the same on an RS as this TNT,if so I have a few from my engine transplant, if so, I can post them out and see if this sorts the issue, then you'll know if it's these or not.

let me know, Fraser

we cannot risk an emoticon explosion

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
missing pots

Oh the shear joy of so many lovely boys wanting to help:rolling: The problem started when i washed my bike last November. I went for a quick spin (as you do ) and it would not fire on all pots unless i give it revs. on the way back (12 mile both ways ) it went down onto two and nothing would put it right. I decided to change the plugs,, don't ask. a nightmare. Anyroad, i found the air box flap cable had broke. i renewed that and have just took my time putting it all back. Well now i am panicking. I have a good working knowledge of engines....suck/sqeeze/bang/blow.:clap: but have no gear to test. I will gladly take my baby anywhere to get her up and running..:bow: :bow: pretty please....:ele:
Sorry chaps. My bike is an 1130 tnt. 2005 with about 10,000 on the clock. Had no trouble prior to washing it.....

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Firstly did you swap plug type for plug type and secondly sounds very coil stick issue to me seeing as its 2005 - model, what plug type was in that you changed . . did you reconnect coil stick leads and make sure clicked into place . can help as much as you need although its an easy fix .

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tnt

HI. yep. changed plug for plug. what i did find was water down plug "holes " When you say coil sticks are you talking about what i would call suspressor caps . ie what connect ht leeds to plugs..:confused: ? i know they are easy to change but i am not exactly a young lad anymore,:rolleyes: as the saying goes ,,,my eyes are dim i cannot see,,:rolling: i think it will have to go to scotland, .. don't mind paying as long as it gets up and running.....

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
The coil stick is the long plastic tube with metal shroud and because of the ingress of water through its vents on the top is prone to earthing out and failing . i would suggest an easy swap with either replacement benelli ones to see if its the problem or do as i have i and use a peugeot coilstick modified to fit (i know people will call these but at only £28 each as opposed to £150 its worth a go and whilst we wait for other suitable ones we know this is proven - hasnt failed on my RS and i've taken that to its limit i think :D ). Also i dont think we ride 10 / 10ths all the time so any chance of breakdown of circuit is only when pushed to the extreme .

the left coil stick is the peugeot one with its bracket top modified and just awaiting resin sealing . please note i now only fit this type as an alternative and not the odd shaped coilstick .

See Fraser as a test coil stick supplier to verify problem - where do you live and have you got cakes in if i come up to swap :rolling: :rolling:

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
coil sticks

I think i have just pooped in my pants:bawl: £150 quid. :doh:
I am off work friday and think i will have a run up to scotty land. Only 65 miles or so. Have a chat with them.. Having said that, where would i get the other type of sticks from. Are they off a car ?

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
before committing to coil sticks pm fraser and try that then if you decide to go for the peugeot ones i can supply part number and easy instructions to modify the bracket that is attached . help is ................. being a benelli owner and knowing were all helpful :)

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
missing pots

thanks for all your help. nice to know there are true biker budies out there:bow: :bow: . have been on google earth and the bikeshop aformentioned is near kelso. know where it is:D . gona have a run up. will let you know how i get on. may be back with a begging bowl:rolling: :ele:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hi Monty
Fraser and Angus will help you out :)
I have 5 of these new Peugeot coil sticks kicking about in my garage and you are welcome to one or two of them to get you up and running foc. I can post them to Fraser or could fit them for you myself if you are up in Edinburgh. Alternatively I might take a trip to Frasers time permitting :D

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
T and m motorcycles is only a workshop and its best to phone first as he might not be there

Along way to go and be shut lol

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hi Monty,
If you're making a trip up to scotland pop by my place first (lochmaben, just near lockerbie, we can try the coil sticks that I have here, I really don't think Tosh will have them available off the shelf.
I am working from home this week so would be able to help you out on friday fitting the new coil sticks. (that reminds me I better check to see if tosh sealed my coil sticks in when he did the shims etc). Just let me know.
cheers
Fraser
bring cakes - we can take photos of them for 'goose'

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
coil sticks

You know what it is. i have never known a bunch of blokes fall over each other to help someone like you lot.:bow: :bow: I am quite touched by it all.:clap: But enough.....thanks for all the offers but i can't get the bike there without a van/pickup. Thats why i am just going to drive up and see if he can help. If he can, i will make arangments to get the bike up to him. And then you may get that begging letter. As i have said, thanks for all the offers and i will let you all know how it ends.. May be a few beers in it for you all ( that is if you drink alcohol):rolleyes: ;)

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Alcohol...us lot...I've never seen any of the people on this forum prop up a bar, isn't that right, Al, Angus, Bob, Colin, in fact all at Rogart, we never touched the stuff.....did we?

Monty, let us know how you get on, obviously if you need help, give us a shout, I think I speak for all of us here on that count.

Regards, Fraser

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is a Nelli dealership in Newcastle is there not? In fact I'm sure there is:confused:

Al:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts