Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my entry is in the member registry section, but for some reason there's no little black dot on the world map showing where I am. Is this some kind of conspiracy? :D Or do I have to do something special to get myself a dot?
mark

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Okay, my entry is in the member registry section, but for some reason there's no little black dot on the world map showing where I am. Is this some kind of conspiracy? :D Or do I have to do something special to get myself a dot?
mark
I think Roland is having a few problems sorting everything out. There will be a few hiccups as he gets used to the new web layout, however a quick PM to him might highlight the problem for him to look into.

Andy

·
5,934 Posts
Little Black Dots

As I understand it, Roland vets the registry details. He'll take the address you give him, find out the lat & long, and use that to put the dot on the map.

If the lat/long are a bit off for SF, you may find yourself somewhere in the Pacific.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
As I understand it, Roland vets the registry details. He'll take the address you give him, find out the lat & long, and use that to put the dot on the map.

If the lat/long are a bit off for SF, you may find yourself somewhere in the Pacific.

Yep, I was that man....but ended up just off the coast of France, not nice!

·
5,934 Posts
Of the coast of France

Andy, you realise that as an Englishman, you could have been transported to Oz for traveling in France?
Thank God you weren't impersonating an Egyptian - that's death by hanging!

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Andy, you realise that as an Englishman, you could have been transported to Oz for traveling in France?
Thank God you weren't impersonating an Egyptian - that's death by hanging!

Best I get travelling in france then, I fancy a life down under... can't be anywhere as bad as living in this hell hole!

I've even heard you can go skiing on some decent slopes down there too... now Then I'd be in my element!

Andy

·
5,934 Posts
Skiing in Oz

Andy, if you want to ski in Oz, best be quick. Global warming may suit the Scots, but it is set to shorten our ski season a tad. Mind you, it also increases the time we can spend riding in the Oz Alps. Maybe not so bad afterall.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Andy, if you want to ski in Oz, best be quick. Global warming may suit the Scots, but it is set to shorten our ski season a tad. Mind you, it also increases the time we can spend riding in the Oz Alps. Maybe not so bad afterall.

Do you have any links or place names I can google so I can have a nose around at what there is to offer there. I fancy a trip down under in the Summer 2008 (your winter time) I will have done 22 years in the mob and I will be lookng at going on holiday for a month somewhere.

If I can combine a sun and ski holiday in one then I am heading down under!

The Lions / England might even be over touring around that time, so i can soak up the atmosphere of an Oz/UK rugby international!

Andy

·
5,934 Posts
Australia's Winter Wonderland

Andy, in my humble opinion, the best place to ski in Oz is Thredbo, just a couple hours south of Canberra. Perisher Blue is bigger, but the runs are a little shorter.

In Victoria, Mt Buller is probably the pick, but it's exposed, so the weather can be crap. Falls Creek would come in a close second. There's a couple others, but I haven't been to them.

You'll get plenty of sun in winter in the High Country, but you'll have to pack the winter woollies. If you want warmth as well, you'll have to head north of the Sunshine Coast (Noosa). Cairns & Port Douglas come to mind, but you'll be mixing with our Japanese friends.

If you're into cross-country, the sky's the limit. You can lose yourself for weeks on end, and never see another soul.

That should give you something to start with. Of course, if you're anywhere near Canberra, you're welcome to spend some time with us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts