Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got my tre stripped for a deep clean and to fit extra set of battery leads and was wanting to fit some mesh over the air intakes and on panel in front of engine behind front wheel just like the LE has, anybody any ideas where to find the right size/colour from, or what the right size is e.g 6mm

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
This is what I fitted to mine Drew.

Picked up some car modding mesh on ebay for not a lot which was large enough for the front grills and there was plenty left over to also do the holes in front fairing in front of the header pipes.

The holes in the mesh are 10mm x 8mm which is about the same as the grill for the rear fans. I fitted lighter weight stuff (last pic) to one of my previous TRE's but it dented a bit when I hit large insects. The heavier stuff is a bit of a bugger to work with though.

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
that looks very cool Laurence:bow: ,what did you use to fix it in place?

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Double sided foam tape and a set of sore fingers :rolling:

You can see the balck foam tape in the last pic and how it fixes the mesh in position on the inside of the fairing

·
Registered
417 Posts
Very disappointing Lawrence...

...you havent cleaned the inside of your fairing! and I can definately see a dead fly on the first picture - tsk tsk :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
A dead fly..........where??????

I always trade my bike in for a new one when they need cleaned.....i'm going away to have alook for that fly now......be back shortly.....

Later....
Bugger it!!!!!! turned out to be just a spec of dust, damn :doh:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Very disappointing Lawrence...

...you havent cleaned the inside of your fairing! and I can definately see a dead fly on the first picture - tsk tsk :rolling:
I noticed that too Dino :rolling: :rolling: Is the dead fly on the mirror? Because if it is then that was one of the first things that I saw:rolling:

Al;)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for that Laurence, found some on flea-bay £25 but still looking, was thinking of fitting some small red led's behind fans but dunno how they would cope with the heat? any one any thoughts?:D

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
was thinking of fitting some small red led's behind fans but dunno how they would cope with the heat? any one any thoughts?:D
Yep, been there....done that......wouldn't do it again.:eek:

I fitted a set of 'ultra bright' led's but to be honest you could only see them in complete darkness. Which is great if you want to look at them in the lock-up but when the bike is on the street and some car lights are shining up your rear end (oooh missuss) you will never notice them.

They copped with the heat fine but they are very prone to being covered in dirt when located in that area which dulls the brightness even more.

Put your money to some more carbon instead Drew :clap:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
carbon to follow,its on my santa list, you are such a bad influence laurence I promised myself when I got the tre that I wouldnt fettle with it and leave it 100% standard but you have been tempting me too much and what with Al and his wheels this is torture and Im starting to cave in as no doubt my bank balance shall follow suit!:D
I'll give the led's a miss then

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Laurence's mesh looks good, but avoid finer mesh as it can restrict the air intakes (as found out by another forum LE wannabe) :rolling:

·
Fyule
697 Posts
I suspect I will be heading to the local hardware shop this weekend......:bow:

just like Drew I was going to leave my bike standard, it seems the only way I can stop spending money on it is to send it away for a couple of weeks to be serviced...no wiat, even that costs money:doh:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Here's my tre with gold mesh inserts bought the mesh from B&Q for about a tenner hope this helps.:)
Ooooooh, gold mesh:bow: I like that;) Guess I'll get my arse to Bee and Queue tomorrow then:D

Al;)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Laurence's mesh looks good, but avoid finer mesh as it can restrict the air intakes (as found out by another forum LE wannabe) :rolling:
Come on Bob, spill the beans mate ..... who was it? :rolling:

Al;)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got some from B&Q £9 for enough to do job, wouldnt have thought to look there for it, cheers guys off to fit it now:D

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
You could also use the gusset from an old pair of tights stretched over the air intakes. I mean if bank robbers can still breathe through them then they should be okay to let enough air through and catch the odd fly and stuff I guess:confused:

Al:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts