Benelli Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Russ, just to let you know the insurance are going to put court proceeding into place in the next few weeks so with a bit of luck and a fair wind we should be sorting things out shortly. Thanks for your help with the bike and look forward to getting back on the road.

Top guy Russ:clap: :bow:

Steve G

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
All hail to the Rusty one:bow::bow:

Al;)

Good news that Steve. It's nice to know that we have top blokes like Rusty on our side:clap:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great news

Good news Steve, I hope to get out this year for a ride with the Benelli boys :)

I'm going to sort some track days out as well for Benelli owners only;)

It should be good.

All The best
Rusty.

Thanks for the comments Al;)

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trackday for nellis

Russ, what a great idea I'll be up for a nelli only trackday, maybe some of our scottish friends will come down!

what track are you thinking of?

Maybe you can get some of new mates at MCN to cover it (see last weeks copy):rolling:

Steve

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Group Hug !

That sounds a damn good idea - Nelli track day - me thinks I be well up for that.
Can someone make sure they bring a box of tissues for Al - I think the whole event may get the better of his caring sensitive side :rolling: :rolling:

Or should that be a bottle of JD for afterwards :gulp:
:cool:

If possible tho, can you give an idea of the date - my summer is getting pretty booked up already - BSB and WSB races, Ron Haslam Raceschools + my diving trips away and oh yes - my holidays !!

Thank you muchly

Kurt

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Great news - someone can teach me how to ride the bloody thing now!

(Yes I'm a knee down Virgin!) Still pretty fast though - must be all those 'roadcraft' lessons when I was riding a yellow and blue ST1100/1300 Pan European... if you catch my drift!

Andy

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Dont worry Andy,
I have been riding for 8 years this time round - and class myself as a medium to kind of fast (but safe) rider and never got my knee down on track or road until I did a Ron Haslam race school last September.
The best bit is that during the 1st two sessions out, I was trying to get my knee down, then as soon as I stopped tryin for that and concentrated on what the instructor was telling me - BINGO - my knee went down on, Redgate, Mcleans, Coppice and Melbourne Hairpin - without even trying !!

Its a completely different game on a track though - you will love it - guaranteed !! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kurt

ps- did you get my email to your SV hotmail account??

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
did you get my email to your SV hotmail account??
Guess I had better start checking it then!

I'll check this weekend when I get home from work... I have no access to Hotmail from works 'puters - security risks and all that crap!

Andy

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Security

:rolling: :rolling: Hi Lloyd,
I work for a construction company - even they dont allow internet access to Hotmail or any external email accounts (security reasons, blah, blah, blah :sleepy: )

Jeez, even if you type a search for anything other than, construction based websites it blocks you out - Damn I cant even check the forum or my ebay account !! :(

So for the good of the nation, I am glad the Army dont allow security risks like Andy to have access to all the top secret Al Queida information that is held within the realms of Mr Hotmail's account :doh:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Track days

OK OK OK I'll do it!

It was just an Idea last year but I'll sort it this year, I've run track days before and everyone seamed to love it so I think a Benelli ONLY day will be great:clap: :clap:

Not sure about circuit's at the moment I have a good contact from my racing days who works at a group that own most of the tracks in the UK so I'll see.

Moto GB/KJM think it's a great idea also so we might get some backing from those guys:clap: :clap: maybe demo bikes to run round the track!!!!please......

KurtP when are you at Ron's Race school? I could be your instructor:D ;)

As for the JD I'm a Southern Comfort man myself;)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hi Rusty,

The dates I am toying with at the moment for the Ron Haslam are:
April 17th, May 10th, June 5th, August 7th Sept 4th and Sept 18th

I am hoping to make two days this year - a 600rr again then the Blade - I just gotta tie it in with 3 of my mate- they are about the only days I can make

Where you working there last year then?

Cheers

Kurt

·
Registered
213 Posts
I only did 2 days last year as the Benelli thing had started to take off so most of my track days last year were Benelli test days:eek: I worked there during 04/05 and may do a few days this year if I can fit them in? who knows.

I have done some tuition with Focused Events & Cheaptrackdays.com

If you decide your dates drop me a line

Regards
Rusty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts