Benelli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Been browsing site and cannot see any reference to a faulty batch of Michelin Pilots and Pilot 2ct front tyres.

If you run these tyres and you have a tyre that is made in France with the DOT code 6UCW980T on it you have to check the manufacture date of the tyre which is a four digit number about an inch from the end of the DOT code, any tyre manufactured before 1807 NEEDS TO BE REPLACED IF your tyre has been manufactured before week 18 contact Michelin on the following Number 0800 454 774, (creepy thing Michelin have just called me to confirm my tyre wil be with my dealer in the morning as I am typing this post).

Please note that I was informed not to ride the bike until the tyre had been changed as there was a chance that the tread could de-laminate, please also note that the recall is only for tyres made in France, all other tyres manufactured at other sites are unaffected

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Guys,

Been browsing site and cannot see any reference to a faulty batch of Michelin Pilots and Pilot 2ct front tyres.

If you run these tyres and you have a tyre that is made in France with the DOT code 6UCW980T on it you have to check the manufacture date of the tyre which is a four digit number about an inch from the end of the DOT code, any tyre manufactured before 1807 NEEDS TO BE REPLACED IF your tyre has been manufactured before week 18 contact Michelin on the following Number 0800 454 774, (creepy thing Michelin have just called me to confirm my tyre wil be with my dealer in the morning as I am typing this post).

Please note that I was informed not to ride the bike until the tyre had been changed as there was a chance that the tread could de-laminate, please also note that the recall is only for tyres made in France, all other tyres manufactured at other sites are unaffected
I take it this info came to light after the trip to the GP then?

Or maybe that's why you took so long coming south; you had to check your tread every 25 minutes, and in the process had a smoke to save time!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts