Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turning 40 stinks:mad:

There must be an internal clock somewhere that sets off when you hit this age that makes you do all sorts of crazy shit:confused:

What have I done?

Quit my job as a postie. Shit pay but the guys that I worked with were top notch and it was a secure job at least.

Bought a business (although I'm not trading yet I should be up and running by the end of this month).

Decided to call it a day with my partner of almost 10 years.

Now I've got to try and find somewhere else to buy (not an easy thing to do when you have no frigging income coming in at the moment) and on top of that comes all of the other things that I need to do to save a bit of cash. One of them being the sale of my Tre:bawl: I know I've had more than my fare share of bad luck with it but I'll miss the beastie when she has to go:bawl:

If I'm not on here for a while lads it's because I have other things on my mind and not because I can't be arsed to post anymore.

I tell ya .... I'm frigging stressed to the max just now and and to top it off I have no frigging idea what's going to happen next. Everything's just happened so fast that I can't keep up with what's going on:(

Al (Bikeless, single, jobless, soon to be homeless and going grey faster than a fast thing on fast pills:eek:)

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
bloody hell Al

you don't do things by half do you mate. Hope all works out ok for you. Rember the old life of brian song de dum de dum de dum!!!:confused:

Hope your still going to GP as I've got a couples of bottles of JD that need finishing.:rolling:

I've a damage tornado that is ridable, top right hand fairing damaged, scraped end can and slight dent in swing arm, going for a song if you need it

Steve

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
Hi Al,

Sorry to hear that things are not going too well with you at the moment.

Best thing you could do right now would be to throw your heart and soul into that new company of yours, at least it might take your mind of the other things and could help you to get established that wee bit quicker.

Hope things settle down soon and your back to your auld self before you know it.

Give me a bell if you want to blether about anything.

·
president
1,009 Posts
big bad al needs a holiday

dear al,
please do not worry.............i can beat your hard luck story .............look what happened to me when i was 40..........

ITS CALLED A SHARK'S TALE............................

once upon a time there lived 3 sharks..........daddy shark,mummy shark and baby shark.............to start off they did not have much money...........infact daddyshark(sharky) had to put happy shopper cola in his Jack Daniels...........everything was perfect and babyshark(HARRY) was getting bigger by the day and as happy as he could be...............because he had the best dad in the world.........who loved him more than life itself...........sharky then got a very good job with lots of money and bought mummyshark and babyshark a great big house in ASHFORD(CHAVSVILLE)and lots of nice things.........................................then something happened...................ITS CALLED GETTING MARRIED........................things changed..............no more blow jobs whilst driving the car,no more choice of the pink or brown ball.................no motorbikes..............no more covering each other in bubble wrap and rolling down hills.........................sharky was getting boring.................but never mind he still had babyshark...........................................then out of the blue along came useless pikemidget who saw what sharky had and was very envious............and decided to nick it....................mummyshark had turned into MAD COW................. she bit sharky...............sharky must admit he said some rude words to MAD COW..................and pulled her udders.......with which she went back to CHAVSVILLE with useless pikemidget..............2 years later i am now living in a shed in dartford.........i have not seen my son for nearly 16 months.............where MAD COW bit me i ended up in hospital for 3 months....................i lost my job................gypo is now living in my house and abusing my son................but never mind it could be worse.....................................I COULD LIVE IN SCOTLAND :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: ................THE MORAL OF THIS STORY IS.........money cannot buy friends................and al you have lots of benelli buddies who love you............................please come to dartford as i have a least a years supply of Jack Daniels ................and some have your name on :) :) :) :) :)

ring me if you need a chat......................your friend SHARKY

·
349 Posts
Mid Life Crisis

Sorry to hear of your bad luck Al.
Keep your pecker up.You know what they say ,as one door closes another opens.
I have been married twice and am on my 4th serious relationship.So it took me a long time to find the right partner.All i have got to do now is weather the storm of trying to make my business profitable with no money and i am laughing.
Like laurence said just lose yourself in the new business and the rest will come,you never know what is round the corner.
All the best,
Zebo.;)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Hey Al, chin up fella!

I refused to get married until I was 35 as I wanted to get all the 'shagging' around out of my system first and also didn't want to marry young being in the Military with all the moving every 2 - 3 years. I eventually got married at 35 years and 1 month (and it wasn't planned that way!)

2 years, 3 months and 17 days later I had the bomb shell dropped on me that I was getting divorced! This really took the wind out of my sails and it took nearly as long as the total time I was married to ge tthe divorce finalized without 'her' getting her dirty mitts on a substantial amount of my pension (I still ended up somewhere in the region of £20,000 out of pocket mind)

Bottom line is mate, you get through these things, it takes time, you feel like your world has collapsed and there is little point in moving on, but each dawn brings a new day and you recover a little every time you open your eyes!

You will get through your problematic times and be a better man for it!

I can't offer you any Jack Daniels, however I have a 2 litre bottle of Jim Beam that is sat in my drinks cabinet that has had probably 2 shots from it - if you fancy a break at the other end of the UK, you are more than welcome to shack up in my spare bedroom!

Andy

·
903 Posts
My thoughts are with you Al!

I cannot say anymore than has already been said Al, That said PM me or call any time mate (call day or night) and you can bend my ear if you so wish.

Keep going mate you still have loads of friends here who care!!!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I'll 2nd that Lloyd

I was in a similar position myself just 2 years ago

Take care Al - have a JD on me :gulp:

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Al,
speaking from experience..it is always rough for us late bloomers but you'll soon see when you get to my age that after your 40th b'day..it just gets better and better. Until 40, I worked my ass off and made averyone a lot of money until I decided to start doing things for myself. Never looked back since.

You'll see I'm right..so hang in there buddy!

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Al,
speaking from experience..it is always rough for us late bloomers but you'll soon see when you get to my age that after your 40th b'day..it just gets better and better. Until 40, I worked my ass off and made averyone a lot of money until I decided to start doing things for myself. Never looked back since.

You'll see I'm right..so hang in there buddy!
Roland, got any jobs going for an unemployed warn out old war mongering squaddie when I leave next year?

Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts