Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well bikes back done 430miles so far and shes running sweet with a real difference from 390miles still sounds like a monkey with spanners thou.I actually got the misses out for a ride to Hastings and I got 110.9 to reserve (I prefer actual miles to MPG) worst so far 95.9 mile from a tank.Just wondered in miles the average from you lot :D

P.s. i am going to post the bike crash photos from the bike crash email Im posted a while ago as they are an eye opener

·
Registered
256 Posts
Reserve?

Depends what reserve means....my light comes on at around 100 miles. My work is 33 miles each way, so I get to 99 and always go the other 33 home without refuelling. Have gone up to 140 and only ever got 17 litres in.

Sean

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I manage anywhere between 95 - 115 before the reserve light comes on - manged to get 135 mls out of the tank and when I filled up the tank only held 16.13 ltrs

This is with the stubby Remus can fitted - believe it or not - but I only ever managed 120 mls on a tankfull before putting in 16ltrs with the standard can

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mines probally still tight so il post what I get next weekend if I survive camping this weekend visions of beening swept away in the rain.........:doh:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
tend to agree generally with the other posters, in that 100 miles give or take a few is time for the fuel light. I have the Benelli / Arrow (LE) race pipe fitted with the 6034 map.
However my recent period in the Isle of Man saw the fuel light coming on at 80 miles, but such is the cost of joy :ele: :ele: :ele: :rolling:

p.s. thought there was a gallon in reserve. I recently discovered that the fuel light only stays on for about 3/4 gallon i.e. some 20 miles, also she hated an incline [splutter, spliutter :mad: :eek: ]

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
i filled up four miles from me on the JR's bbq day and the light came on after 70 miles but to say i went a bit mad at 5.30ish in the morning would of been an understatement and on that day had to fill up twice there(remember passing borat(colin) and he must of thought what a nutter !!!) and once on return (derbyshire to mildenhall) but think it was down to the green/silver paintwork being so attracting to many flies that my bike was heavier !!!(no dont anyone say flies always are attracted to S**t).:rolling:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I notice that I get better MPG when I ride long distance on boring motorways when they are quiet (read 'maybe a little over the speed limit' here)

With the Remus stubby can - I have found better MPG from normal blasting around and not just motorway riding though?

I dont understand why though? (I thought the Remus can would maybe use a little more fuel - but not the case on my bike ???:confused: )

·
Registered
18 Posts
i'm averaging 100miles till the gauge reaches 2bar showing and light comes on. but still only takes max of 11 ltrs to fill her up so the benny should do 140 to 150 till dry.
i've found it dosn't really matter even when playing hard in the mountains the mpg stayed about the same.
still now the Remus stubby's on ( and being dyno'd next week) it will be interesting to see if she changes ( thanks russ for the stubby)
i've put the pic's on the gallery so all can see what she now looks like with all the bits on( thanks Laurence)
next week the tank cover goes on and the cruise control ( for those long journey's coming up,

nice to meet sussex tre last week at bury hill. i'll be there on thursday night and sunday

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
With the Remus stubby can - I have found better MPG from normal blasting around and not just motorway riding though?

I dont understand why though? (I thought the Remus can would maybe use a little more fuel - but not the case on my bike ???:confused: )
Sounds good to me.... :clap: I should be getting mine fitted very soon now. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
you won't regret it, oh the sound it sounds like a moto gp bike on steriods.

by the way make sure it gets properly dyno'd on my 1st session ( without a power commander or maps) it was running very lean at the top end and a flat spot at 5 to 6k
but the power commander will sort it out.
enjoy and bugger the neighbours" mine are all deaf anyway"

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
i've put the pic's on the gallery so all can see what she now looks like with all the bits on
Glad you liked the bits Ricc. Went to have a look at the pics in your Gallery but I couldn't find it. :bawl: :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
apparently my album is still pending. so hopefully it will be on site shortly
hope you enjoy. ( i also recorded the sound but don't know if there is a way of putting on the site ?)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts