Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, hope you'r doing well.

Does anyone know how to switch the instruments from miles to kilometers, and back to miles?

I often go to France and I am used to switch my bike to km/h rather than mph.

I've looked at the benelli's manuals on the web (as my 1130 CD Rom does not work - hopefully reddog received a new one for my first service) but nothing.

Help appreciated.

Marc-O.

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
Hi Marco,

If the 1130 is the same as the TRE, press the 'mode' button and hold it in while switching on the ingition, the display should read 'Select Units', press the 'Mode' button to toggle between Miles and Km/h. After you have selected Km/h, switch off the ignition to save your setting.

Job done :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Marco, the TNT manual states the following:

Set “Km” / “Mi”
From the 1 “Total” / “Trip” visualisation, when the motor is switched on, press the START button for at least ten
seconds.
The Km or Mi symbol will start flashing, press the START button to move to Km or Mi, press for at least two seconds
the START button, to select the measure unit you desire, moving automatically to the °C o °F selection, press the
START button for less than one second to select the temperature unit you desire.
Press the START button for at least three seconds, to confirm and exit from the Set “Km” / “Mi” visualisation.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, none seems to work. I am on 'Service' alert from some few miles - alert which is picked up when starting the ignition on..so it might cancel the 'Select Unit' operation.:confused:

This is not urgent, will try this when getting the bike back on thursday from the 1st servicing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Me Too

What a coincidence -
I've been able to change these in the past, but last week after some Manx rain, my Tornado clocks went beserk, and after a day, started to work again in kph. I now cannot get them back into mph!
The method that used to work, as posted by Laurence, doesn't seem to work on these clocks (new set under warranty some time ago). Will try the TNT version tonight!

Any suggestions welcome!
Cheers
Neil

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fixed!!

It seems that the latest generation Tornado clocks have a different method...this worked for me:
Ignition on, press "mode" button AND "start" button together for a while, it then enters the change units screen!

that seems like half way between the TNT instructions and teh old Tornado method????

Good luck
Neil

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
You done well working that one out Neil. Hope it works for Marco also. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just to be sure, I checked it again -
Ignition on.
Press "start" button first, then "mode" hold both for around ten seconds, the screen goes into "change units" mode.
I'm lazy so I just switched off the ignition to make it "remember" any changes.

this is on a set of instruments replaced under warranty about three months ago, so i assume that they are the latest version (D?)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Larsen, you're the man :bow:

I am in France now and got the km/h shifted properly. The french gendarmes will be happy: I can help them compare my figures to theirs :ele:

·
Registered
92 Posts

Ok guys,

I'm new to this KPH MPH thing and was just wondering: Where is the mode switch?

I try to put the KPH in but can not find any butten on the dash...

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Hiya 'Duke',

the mode switch is on the lefthand handlebar controls, below the headlamp flasher. Kind of underneath. I didn't know it was there for months...! :doh:

Good luck making it work though ;) It seems to be like a magic button - you never know what you're going to get... :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

cheers,
Dom

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
And Hi there Angus!

Or Angoose as you seem to have become known :D

You well there buddy??

Dom

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Hi Dom . I'm great and dandy , hows Herts treating you compared to Milton Keynes ?(i am right you moved ?) . I seem to be Goose as well (thanks to Colin :bow: ) as its whats the guy was in Top Gun as the wingman ( you know to the theme of dah dah dah dadadadadada dah dah dah !!)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Wow Rob thats a good un I remember that one and didnt he end up torched and it was one of those funnily horror moments where Goose's arm fell out of the covers all crispy !!!:( .

I have to admit my nickname was Mad Angus but i havent a clue why :rolleyes:

had a z1000 though all tricked up in the days that you used to strip a bike to powder coat the frame (bit blingy )

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Its on the left switch gear at the front . My old tre looks very different these days !.
Thanks Angus!

I gave the bike a proper cleaning today and battery is charged, oil is changed.

Bike has made its first Miles on the Dutch roads! From now on it's going to be Kilometers since i've found out where the mode switch is....

How's the pony doing?

Cheers Wilfred.

And Laurence,

does indeed say more than 1000 words. Will try to change the units tonight. thanks!

And thanks Dom!

PS: I love this forum. Most helpful lot of people i've ever come across.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts