Benelli Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Glad to hear you found it and thanks to Laurence for his fantastic pic !!.

Pony is now utterely stunning and up to full health .

Love the changed look to the Tre and finally getting to ride after so long after buying must be good :)

I'm just about to take my RS for a quick spin to make sure its fettled good .

· Registered
92 Posts
Good to hear the pony is ok. The looks of your old bike have not been changed yet. I assume you mean the pictures in my gallery? I posted these because this is a racing kit that I bought in Italy (ebay) . Pictures is with the kit still on the other bike. I will post a topic once I start with the conversion.

The Mode switch did not do the trick.... I tried everything I read. But appartently the mode switch is broken. Can not change the trip meter to zero also..

Will try to open the connections tonight to see if anything is wrong there.

· Super Moderator
7,554 Posts
Be careful when you try to open the switch up as the parts are glued together but it is possible to do without damaging it.

When you get it open you'll notice that there are 2 pairs of contacts. 1 set of contacts is being used for the Mode switch the other set is redundant.

If the contacts on the side that the cables are connected to are not operating try a multi-meter on the other pair of contacts and if these are OK just swap the cables over to them. Worked for me.

· Registered
92 Posts
I opened the mode switch without any damage.

Unfortunately both contacts seem to be broken. Anybody any idea about the resistance. Is it a plain nil/total resistance swithch (i.e. on/off) or does it have a resistance?

I measured voltage on the wires to the swithch. Wile the bike is off it has about 3.5 volts. When the bike is on it has about 7.7 volts. Is that ok?

Hope to hear from the technical guys.

Anybody have a spare mode switch?

EDIT: I read somewhere that it's suppose to be a plain on off switch so I disconected the wires and changed units to KPH with the wires connected by hand.

Mode switch broken... bugger..

But riding around with KPH now.... so that part worked out.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, new to the site and the brand, so sorry if this question has been asked and answered!
I have a Benelli BN600 (2014) which is showing MPH, does this model allow for a change to KPH? I have tried following some of the earlier threads but no luck!
Thanks

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Hi guys, new to the site and the brand, so sorry if this question has been asked and answered!
I have a Benelli BN600 (2014) which is showing MPH, does this model allow for a change to KPH? I have tried following some of the earlier threads but no luck!
Thanks
Hi I’m pretty sure knowing Benelli …..
That you’ll just hold down the trip button for a number of seconds before starting the engine to then be able to scroll through different options ..
the tre k ect uses the starter button after engine is running!! Lol

21 - 33 of 33 Posts