Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have my Benelli.. she is red, she is fast, she is gorgeous, and I am stoked!

In brief: 2 days, 1220 km's, 40+ degree C temperatures, six litres of water a day, a very sore backside and aching wrists, at least 10 people passing comment on what a great looking bike it is (and asking what the "turbines" are for) and a totally unnecessary 30km detour (resulting from a worry about running out of fuel, only to find a fuel station right after the exit I took! :doh: )

What I learned? There are three things necessary for a long trip: a Camelbak, lip balm, and sunscreen that isn't old (my hands are severely burnt). An extra pair of underdaks might have been nice too for extra padding :D

But even after all that, I took her for a ride today just to remind myself how great she is... I am one happy camper! :D

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of benelli buster,
you sound like the happiest person I know right now :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Well, I have my Benelli.. she is red, she is fast, she is gorgeous, and I am stoked!

In brief: 2 days, 1220 km's, 40+ degree C temperatures, six litres of water a day, a very sore backside and aching wrists, at least 10 people passing comment on what a great looking bike it is (and asking what the "turbines" are for) and a totally unnecessary 30km detour (resulting from a worry about running out of fuel, only to find a fuel station right after the exit I took! :doh: )

What I learned? There are three things necessary for a long trip: a Camelbak, lip balm, and sunscreen that isn't old (my hands are severely burnt). An extra pair of underdaks might have been nice too for extra padding :D

But even after all that, I took her for a ride today just to remind myself how great she is... I am one happy camper! :D
Welcome, welcome. You are about to embark upon a journey that you will no be able to remove yourself from very easy. the addiction starts as soon as you pick up those shiny brochures, or see that first bike. Beleive me very hard to part yourself from. :clap: :clap:

·
5,934 Posts
.. 2 days, 1220 km's, 40+ degree C temperatures, six litres of water a day, a very sore backside a...
40 C + :bow: I take my hat off to you. I wouldn't do it unless I had to. Of course, I've had mine for 4 years & put almost 60,000 km's on her, so maybe the attraction does taper off a little with time. Not much though :)

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hey buster, welcome along. You are a bloody star doing that! I am itching to get on my bike, had it a month and due to snow, etc only been out twice and managed to do 60 miles, so I am very jealous of you.

Bet you'll spend as long cleaning and waxing it as you've just spent riding it!

And a RED bike, superb, I have a red one and it is stunning.

Fraser

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hey , Buster like Fyule I have had mine about 3 weeks and only been out once, crap snow every day, gutted.
Still better than the bush fires, sounds awful.
Green and silver is better mind you,
regards SteveT.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Buster congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum.
I see your butt was itching to ride. I have not ridden for 2 weeks now -yes the wether has finally caught up with me in Califonia. Hopefuly this weekend it will be back to normal weather again. I have withdrawl symptoms.

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
does that question happen alot then???? cos the first ride out i had on mine an old bloke asked if it was a twin turbo:rolling: he looked at me all confused when i told him it was the radiator fans:doh:
oh yeah have many a good ride out on your new toy :D :D :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers guys... Glad to be among the Nelli nutters! :D

Engenia - Yes it was quite a journey, the temperature reached 42C a few times and didn't drop below 38 for about 6 hours at one point. Amazingly the Nelli only overheated once - went to 110 for a few minutes while going through traffic. Hope that hasn't caused any damage. :( Most of the time, on the freeway, it hovered around 90-95, which I thought was pretty good for such a hot day.

I fell in love with the Tre back when they first came out and I had a picture of the green and silver one on my desktop for a long time. Always thought it was one of the nicest looking bikes going around - never thought I'd end up owning one (or that it'd have a sound and handling to match its looks)! But you know the red has really grown on me and now I actually prefer it over the green, because you get to see the gorgeous body shape much better (and it looks more Italian). You're right fyule, the red is really stunning - much better in person than in photos. But maybe when I win Lotto I'll buy a green and silver one as well :p

Sorry to hear most of you haven't been able to ride, that must be unbearable.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just reading this post again... :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

It was less than 10 months, but that bike will never be forgotten.

RIP my good friend #584.

:clap:

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Just reading this post again... :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

It was less than 10 months, but that bike will never be forgotten.

RIP my good friend #584.

:clap:

Did it blow up then or did it get stuffed into a car:confused:

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Oooopppsss.

Twas before I joined this motley crew in September Rob.

Bring it back mate
.:mad:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts

Buster I feel as though I should point a couple of forum rules to you mate before you go posting anything like this again.

Forum Rule Number 1 (Sub Paragraph 2a)
As the majority of the users who frequent this forum are from the United Kingdom, any member posting about how marvelously hot the weather is and how it made for a great days riding could find themselves banned for a period of 28 days at a time. We operate a strict 3 strikes and you're out policy here so please be aware that the pale skinned, pastey complexioned Brits are only human after all and have feelings that are easily shattered. Please use some sort of code to rely your message across to other members from your part of the world i:e 'Holy crap it was so cold today that I had to defrost my breath to hear what I was saying' could be translated as 'It was so bleedin' hot today the tarmac was starting to melt which unfortunately made for ideal riding conditions through the long sweeping twisties'.

Forum Rule 16
The word camelbak is not allowed. Cameltoe is!

Forum Rule 35.2
Sunscreen can only be referred to when talking about the blastic bit on the front of your bike that you look through when hunched over the petrol tank travelling at speed.. Any other use of this word is totally prohibited.

Please try and adhere to these rules as much as you can :rolling:

Al :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:rolling:

oh, did I mention how rubbish the weather was yesterday when I brought my mrs' Ducati back from the shop? practically a blizzard! :ele:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts