Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well - Engenias' recipe for making Tornado mirrors useful works very well. Thanks.

Whilst carrying out this job today I cam across the most talked about Tornado issue on the forum .... paint peeking off on both lower panels. :bawl: I gather this is a warranty claim ... are the new panels any better than the originals?.. or do they get sent away for a respray ... in which case I'll leave it a few weeks so I can at least use it while the weather is ok.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Replacement lower panels are a standard waranty item on the Green & Silver bikes Mike.

A phone call to your dealer is all it should take to get some new ones ordered up for you.

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Laurence

The Robby Moto rearsets .... I may be interested in these ... ideally I'd like something that moves the controls about 2" back and a 1" or so higher up ... will these do the trick? Also interested in a race fairing .... I think SkidMarx do these ... if anyone else is up for one of these maybe a group buy would be in order. Will also be up for one of those alloy hangers if you are ordering some more.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Mike, looks like I could be getting an order for the rearsets on the go quite soon so please confirm if you are a definite?

There's more adjustment on the SBK version but these do cost considerably more that the Sport model which I find to be great for me. :D (i.e. around £340, as opposed to £240)

Oh and I may be able to source a set of upper and lower race fairings if you are stuck.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hi Mike.
Although the green fairing lowers are a warranty replacement item, be prepared for a long wait, although maybe not as long as me! Mine were ordered with Benelli UK in January, it's now July and I am still waiting...:( . The new ones from Italy are supposed to be good - when they arrive:rolleyes: ...
So, order them up and carry on riding. I' m assured they will arrive eventually; in fact, I'm promised them this week; but then, I was in March, and April, and...get the picture?!

·
5,934 Posts
Oh and I may be able to source a set of upper and lower race fairings if you are stuck.
What are the uppers made of Laurence?
bennyandthejets said:
be prepared for a long wait, although maybe not as long as me! Mine were ordered with Benelli UK in January, it's now July and I am still waiting...
Doesn't bode well for the upper I ordered via Brabant in May :mad: Damn :bawl:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
What are the uppers made of Laurence?
Buggered if I know for sure Errol as I haven't seen them in the flesh so to speak but I think they are made from glass fibre :confused:

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Laurence- have you any guesstimate of a cost on these? Mike

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
They are looking like around £95 a piece Mike plus postage.

Or there is also this full kit from a different supplier for around £250 plus shipping.

G

·
Flakey yellow bits

Replacement lower panels are a standard waranty item on the Green & Silver bikes Mike.

A phone call to your dealer is all it should take to get some new ones ordered up for you.
Laurence

i was cleaning my bike monday nite and found a patch of loose yellow paint. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Cud this be an issue on all nellis. Have you or anybody else heard of this prob on any red or gray silver bikes, or any other yellow ones. :confused: :confused:

Mines 2 years 2 months old now so i get it changed under warrenty.:confused:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I keep a couple complete spare sets for my LE just in case the paint starts to peel. Can have a set painted and not lose riding the bike.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Pony,

I have only heard of one other Yellow Tornado that had the flaky paint syndrome. Have a look at the post from n33ly on this thread.

Because it's not a common fault on the Yellow bikes I don't know what the chances are of getting them changed under warranty and the fact that this has also just ran out won't help. You can but try

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Could you find out what the full kit is made of?
And what is the weight of each individual piece?
Errol, don't know anything about this kit I'm afraid, I just found it on good old ebay :confused:

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Hi Guy's, I had lower panel paint troubles and I got onto brian harris at KJM :bow:

Although my warranty had run out well before I bought nelli (2003 Model) they ordered the panels as it's a manufacturing error (no key coat on the plastic):doh:
It might have taken 8 months to get the new ones but they were well worth the wait, got em a month ago and there lush and I had the old ones sprayed red so there's a bit of the italian flag influence going on when I swop em.

Get in touch with your dealer pony and be prepared to wait but it'll be worth it rather than forking out yersel.

Johnny :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts