Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying for 4 months to get a replacement "mode" switch out of MotoGB (havent given up yet) so that i can index throught he LCD display ... time/trip/lap timer
I have tried new clocks and this has no effect so it must be the "mode" switch itself.

Has anyone got a spare, Does anyone know how to strip and fix the existing one?

Cheers Nigel

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have had one on order since May, it is under warrenty.
Still no news but it does work if you press it really firmly.
1130 Tre aswell.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hi Nigel, mine was exactly the same and Russ modified my "pass" light switch to operate and it works 100% fine, dont have a pass switch now but aint too fussed about that one:)

·
G-Mac
17 Posts
Had problems with mine a while back too. However, it seemed to work ok just after washing the bike.I dont know what lies behind the rubber plunger but obviously water ingress was making a difference , albeit ,briefly. Anyway,tried some WD40 and after a few soakings its now better than ever. Worth a try.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update on repair

I've given up waiting for a replacement "mode" switch and decided to open it up ...

Inside the glued together boddy is a simple 6 pin TAC switch. The rubber boot is the only protection fom the elelments and on my 3,000mile 57plate bike the contacts inside the TAC switch were corroded to such an extent they fell to pieces - no wonder it didnt work!

So now im searching for a replacement switch and will seal it in with silicone this time around.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Careful what silicon you use. Make sure it's neutral cure (NOT acetic acid cure), or it will eat away the metal in the new switch.
You are a bloody mine of useful information Errol...........................of course, I knew that already :eek:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Careful what silicon you use. Make sure it's neutral cure (NOT acetic acid cure), or it will eat away the metal in the new switch.
Need to strip mine probably fit a micro switch

Sounds like a job for HOT GLUE !!!!:clap: :clap: lol

Mark

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mode switch ONLY bar mount?

Does anyone know of a bar mount waterproof switch that I can wire in for the lap-time finction of the LCD display when the bike is being used as a track bike and indicator switch pack is removed?
Ive got a spare engine kill switch but this is locked on or off and not sprung a circuit open and then held to make the circuit.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Can you not just use the Starter Button on the spare kill switchgear that you have?

·
Registered
642 Posts
just took mine apart same thing fallen to pieces.

Looks very similar to most pc power on switches, tho they maybe a bit bigger, havent got a pc here to check with .

touching the wires together got me to chrono and lap timer mode, but i appear to be stuck there, oh dear :doh:

·
Registered
642 Posts
well at least keeping the wires togehter and using the hold start for 10 seconds did the trick and ive got kph now :bow:

just need to find a replacement switch

1 - 16 of 16 Posts