Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I am just interested to get a flavour of what modifications people have performed on their Tornado..
Ok, I know it is already a fantastic bike but I always feel there is room for improvement / personalisation.. don't worry i'm not talking about annodised bar ends and bolts.. not really my style :rolling:

So far I have had the bike a few weeks...

Benelli Arrow Titanium sport pipe
Quick release fuel coupling
Led tail / stop lamp
Hid headlamp kit (not fitted yet)
Benelli DB screen (ordered)
Suspension mods (cost = free, but the bike steers now)

In the pipeline:

Rearsets (going to order) to stop slippy peg syndrome
Power Commander & Dyno time
Tail tidy

What's everyone else done / wanting to do?
N
:D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Err.. Please explain in a lot more detail.. :D[/QUOTE

On standard settings the bike was very slow to turn. The steering damper's job was redundant ;)
Lifted the forks through the yokes by about 8mm, backed off the damping compression & rebound at the rear and a little at the front.

Neil

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
On standard settings the bike was very slow to turn. The steering damper's job was redundant ;)
Lifted the forks through the yokes by about 8mm, backed off the damping compression & rebound at the rear and a little at the front.

Neil
Mmmm. 8mm seems a lot. What's she handle like at speed?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bike seems nice. About 200 miles in. Have pushed it quite hard and it suits me. I have the damper wound up about half way house and can feel it working sometmes I will run it for a bit longer and if necessary take off a couple of mm. Will see how it goes in the meantime

·
5,929 Posts
Mmmm. 8mm seems a lot. What's she handle like at speed?
Mine's on the 3rd ring - 12 mm from the top of the tube.
I did this primarily to lower the bike - 10 mm down at the back as well, so that leveled it out a bit.
It steers quite a bit quicker than standard, but still stable at over 200 k's.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
laurence supplied them a while ago and we ordered colours to suit and the very kind laurence supplied - mine have added a bit of bling and he did at one time have some left . i wish carbon companies would be making more items accordingly.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Rob, the last time I ordered these they came in at £39 for the large one for the front and £27 for the dinky one for the rear.

Oh, and I forgot to add the pre-load adjusters and exhaust hanger to the list that you can see in the first and last pics

·
Registered
254 Posts
Does anyone know if the tail subassembly for the tag and blinker sare the same for the LE and standard Tre? If they are, I may make a few more tidy's. Again, simple enough to make.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
i would like to improve (shorten ) the rear tail hanger as ive seen a plate i want to fit that i thought was cool but maybe slightly illegal (lots) ,it is white with a black border and is a copy of an italian style one so might confuse our dear police (just come out with some italian and lots of apoligies and it just may work !!;) .

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts