Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here begins my journey.... after the disappointment of missing out on terry's TNT, and after much discussion with Mrs 'the don' i have today ordered a brand spanking new TNT sport evo!!!! way beyond my means but hey, you only live once and the deed is now done. Pick her up next week and to say that im excited would be a gross understatement!!!

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Yahooooooooo

Well done Don:bow:

You're right when you say you only live once and I'm sure that you'll soon be grinning from ear to ear when you finally get her.

Al:D

Oh I nearly forgot .... Welcome to the nuthouse matey:rolling:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
moments of madness

tnanks Al, im already scouring 'tinternet for goodies.... not here yet and im already planing changes! will i ever grow up?

the don

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to trickle or not to trickle, that is the question

just over a week untill i pick up my new baby:D a quick question though chaps, and that is should i put the bike on trickle charge every night, and is it neccessary to turn off the kill switch each time i stop? this was a definate NO on my previous ducati, they recommended that the kill switch be left alone. Your thoughts and experiences greatly appreciated.

cherrs

the don

·
Registered
403 Posts
just over a week untill i pick up my new baby:D a quick question though chaps, and that is should i put the bike on trickle charge every night, and is it neccessary to turn off the kill switch each time i stop? this was a definate NO on my previous ducati, they recommended that the kill switch be left alone. Your thoughts and experiences greatly appreciated.

cherrs

the don
Every night, I poop the seat, and pull the negative off, and store it that way,
never failed for me, but friend billy leaves his hooked up for weeks on end, and never had a problem. so choice is yours. trickle may be a good idea

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Don, ask them what make of battery is in the bike and post it on here mate. We'll let you know whether to call them up and ask them to replace it or not. Some are sh*te and some are okay;)

Al;)

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Here begins my journey.... after the disappointment of missing out on terry's TNT, and after much discussion with Mrs 'the don' i have today ordered a brand spanking new TNT sport evo!!!! way beyond my means but hey, you only live once and the deed is now done. Pick her up next week and to say that im excited would be a gross understatement!!!
Sorry mate not very happy myself the way it was handled....Really glad you have sorted yourself out.... and good luck with your new baby

Terry

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
In "dry" warmer climates it is not necessary to trickle charge or disconnect the battery, unless you have an alarm fitted. This will slowly drain the battery.
Over in the UK following other examples I would suggest an optimate to keep it happy.

As per the kill switch I use mine all the time, every time I switch off. Just don't forget to turn the ignition off, or the battery will go flat, as the park lights stay on.

Paul

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Terry, no worries mate, i realise that it wasn't your doing, and i got to buy a new tnt!! still waiting to get her though, looks like next week now, still waiting to get her shipped from the importers and then an alarm fitted (hence the trickle charge question). Running in, now there's a thorny question. Will have a 90 mile trip from the bike shop to home mostly on A roads (no motorways) should the varied speeds/loads take care of the initial bedding in?(have seen eugenia's thread but hey, quiet roads in the south east, yeah right!) have always been a 'warm her up before setting off' and gentle break in, followed by steady increases in loads/revs, what say you chaps??

'time draggggs when a new bike beckons!!!!':(

the don

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joy oh joy!!!!! trip up to Forza Italia yesterday seemed to take forever, anyway, got there and there she was in the showroom, black and shiny and all naked aggression...... rode her back to london on the 'conservative' power setting, wanting to get used to a new bike..... geez this thing feels quick!! must have gone back into the garage at least 20 times last night just to stare.... anyway, just arrived at work after a quick commute, 25 miles, power switch to max.... OH MY GOD have i bought the right bike? you bet your life i have!!! my jaw aches from the mile wide grin:) what on earth will she feel like when i've run her in? oh yeah, and i can select neutral from a stand still and the clocks work and i can even scroll through the displays without too much hastle!!! first impressions, softer front end than my old duke, better brakes, dead easy to throw around, a little confused by the headlight arrangement, does it always cut out at traffic lights, or do i have a loose connection? will fit the RG crash bungs this weekend (looks fidly though) and just before i left for work, mrs 'the don' said to me, how about fitting a termi like you had on your duke? am i dreaming!!! a licence to spend? OK chaps, need to know about air box flaps and exhaust valves. Do i need to do something here? and what would be the benefits?

still smiling and very, very happy

the don

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Ahhhhhh this is more like it. I love reading posts when we have these little moments when we fall in love with our bikes all over again. A word of warning though Don, you'll find yourself trying to see what you look like in shop windows as you're riding through town so watch out for those bloody car drivers that slam on the anchors as we're in the middle of admiring ourselves. Easiest way to learn to do a stoppie if you ask me:rolling:
I'm still loving it on my Tre and I know it's only a small thing but I f*cking love my new screen. The way the sun shines through it has me nursing a semi. Can't wait to get my Dymags and some new rubber. I bloody love my bike I do:D

Al:D

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
You sound like one happy bunny Franco.:clap:

Oh, don't worry about the lights going off, they are meant to do that to save the drain on the battery at low revs.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Exhaust valve and airbox flaps

The advice I've been given on mt 1130Tornado was to disconnect the cables from the solenoid that controlls the airbox flaps and exhaust valve. These I understand were supposed to hold closed under 4,000rpm to achieve drive by noise regulations only.

I would be interested if anyone out there can corroborate this ......

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, so where on earth do i find those, and if i do it now, will it invalidate my warranty!!!

Al. know what you mean chum, i've already been trying to catch glimpses of myself as i ride, sad i know but hey, these are seriously georgous machines, takes me back to my first Benelli, a 250 2c, which i loved but broke down at least once a month, electrical mostly, but taught me alot about how bikes work (or SHOULD work that is:)) anyway, about an hour before i finish work and then i can go play again:) :)

the don

·
Registered
736 Posts
OK, so where on earth do i find those, and if i do it now, will it invalidate my warranty!!!

Al. know what you mean chum, i've already been trying to catch glimpses of myself as i ride, sad i know but hey, these are seriously georgous machines, takes me back to my first Benelli, a 250 2c, which i loved but broke down at least once a month, electrical mostly, but taught me alot about how bikes work (or SHOULD work that is:)) anyway, about an hour before i finish work and then i can go play again:) :)

the don
To get to the air flaps you need to remove the tank, air box lid, filter then you will see them above the intake tube.
The exhaust flap is in the middle section of the exhaust. This is a bit trickier than the flaps. remove the silencer (through away and put a Remus/GPR in its place on refitting) remove the snake pipe then the middle section.
Remove the cable, undo the bolts in the flap. You could stop there but if you really want do a good job get someone to weld up the pivot holes either side of the pipe. If you leave the pivot in refit the rest of the pipe.
The solenoid is at the end of the cable you dissconected earlier. When you find it dissconect it and blank off the connector so it`s water tight.
With Tune Boy ECU software you can the disable the exh flaps etc so when you get the bike dyno`d (well worth it after the new pipe/flaps etc) you can set all these options.
Have fun and even after owning mine for 5 years it still makes me ride irresponsibly, grin like a cheshire cat and hoon it everywhere I go!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts