Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been there or, better still, raced there? At a meeting of the hopeless old gits racing club at the weekend I, perhaps unwisely, agreed to form part of an expedition to do a meeting there sometime later in the year. Just wondering what I have let myself in for .. I am told it is fantastic and I'll love it. The reliable source of that information, however, is the same person that inspired me to buy a TZ .. very expensive mistress that was!:rolling:

Mike

·
Registered
297 Posts
Anyone been there or, better still, raced there? At a meeting of the hopeless old gits racing club at the weekend I, perhaps unwisely, agreed to form part of an expedition to do a meeting there sometime later in the year. Just wondering what I have let myself in for .. I am told it is fantastic and I'll love it. The reliable source of that information, however, is the same person that inspired me to buy a TZ .. very expensive mistress that was!:rolling:

Mike
Are you talking about mondello park in Ireland ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
mondello park

i went 3years ago to watch the superbikes,its a nice circuit,but it pissed down all weekend and the race was cancelled so we went to the pub,its very expensive .

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you talking about mondello park in Ireland ?
Yes - that is the one. Other circuits on the summer program (apart from Scotland) are Tonfanau and Anglesey - never been to either. Bishops Court in Ireland was mentioned as well. Will need to see how I get on with the 'new' bike before any firm decisions are made but as this looks like it could be my last year racing I thought I might as well go further afield.

Mike :D :D

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i went 3years ago to watch the superbikes,its a nice circuit,but it pissed down all weekend and the race was cancelled so we went to the pub,its very expensive .
Hmm - thanks - pub bit sounds good! :) Rain .. sounds like most of the 2007 season:( Spent most of the time in the caravan waiting for it to stop pouring. Also lost one weekend to strong winds and another to snow (that might have been 08) at Croft. Did inspire me to buy one of those stretchy rain suit things .... only had to wear it once since then I think (The day at Knockhill when the pic for the avatar was taken). Mike

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Mondello Park is a beautiful circuit. I've been round there loads of times. Okay so it was on my mate's playstation3 but it's still a great track:rolling:

Seems to be one sweeping bend after another. I watched bike racing from the Park last year and it really looked fantastic:D

Al:D

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hi Mike

Sounds like an interesting season you've got coming up. How is the conversion of the Genesis into fire breathing race machine going? Let me know when your at east fortune next and I'll try to get along.

Is the shoulder improving, must have been hell getting back from Rogart.

regards, Fraser

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Let me know when your at east fortune next and I'll try to get along.
Ditto on that one too mike:D Drop us a line and if I can I'll pop along and be your brolly dolly:bow:

Al;)

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Mike

Sounds like an interesting season you've got coming up. How is the conversion of the Genesis into fire breathing race machine going? Let me know when your at east fortune next and I'll try to get along.

Is the shoulder improving, must have been hell getting back from Rogart.

regards, Fraser
Hmmmm .... if the physio ever finds out I did 750 miles on a bike that weekend she will probably break the other shoulder fee of charge! Actually it is improving but slowly .. first outing on the bike will probably be 18/19 July at East Fortune. 13/14 June Bob Mac Memorial meeting at EF is a temptation but not managed to scrounge a bike for that .. yet.

Genesis conversion - bought a 17" back wheel off ebay so I can get some sticky rubber - should get the wheel on Friday, braided hoses in the garage, OW01 fairing didn't fit so chopping it about a bit. Got a race exhaust but might not fit it to start with ... need a meeting to tour round reliably and get the feel of the bike and don't want to start mucking about with jets etc. Engine is bog standard. Evidently the opposition in the class are using big bore kits and Yoshimura cams etc so I will get toasted anyway!

HOWEVER if BBA is going to be brolly dolly we might be able to scare everyone into submission!! Particularly if I lend him the:rolling: :rolling: shiny black rain suit .......... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Fyule
697 Posts
that would make him the 'GIMP BLIMP', not the brolly dolly

oh god no - that's a horrible image to take to bed tonight, quick think of something else.......

Kylie in hot pants

Kylie in hot pants

Kylie in hot pants

Kylie in hot pants

Ahh, thats better!

Anyway glad to hear the shoulder is healing, yeah the trip up north would not impress the physio, but some things have to be done.

I'll try to arrange to get to EF in July, maybe introduce the little one to racing - only a year old, but I guess you can never start them too young.

cheers, Fraser

1 - 10 of 10 Posts