Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On my rides so far on my Tornado, it has get quite hot every time and the fans starts to blow. As I can read in the forum this is nothing new under the sun. But I have decided to do something about it, so that the motor will get more air when driving.

The lower black rubber front behind the front wheel has only three openings, which only allows a little air to get the heat away from the motor and the exhaust tubes. So my idea was to make some more air intakes.

I unscrewed the screws holding the lower black rubber front plate behind the front wheel. Afterwards I draw a pattern on the front rubber plate, using a Template I first made from carton.

To make the new holes I used a jicksaw with new sharp teeth´s and cut five new holes as you can see on the pictures. Reassembled the front plate and went on a ride on 100 km. The temperature gauge showed max 90 degrees on this ride and the fans didn't start at all - even not in the town at slow speed :)

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
That is a very 'cool' idea :doh:

And very well executed... nice work! :clap:

cheers,
Dom

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
That is a good idea you have there mate but to finish it off some mesh would look the dogs danglies in my opinion;)

Al:)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
That is a good idea you have there mate but to finish it off some mesh would look the dogs danglies in my opinion;)

Al:)
I agree, needs a mesh.. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep - here are some photo´s further back from the bike.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
looks much better than mine :(

you should bring on some car modding mesh http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5409to guard the engine block from dirty splashing water your Mechanican would be very grateful :)
Well I have some mesh, which I also have used for my two air intake. I have painted the mesh black, as I think the bike looks more evil out and does not loose it´s identity.

I will think about it. If I put on the mesh, I just have to clean it every time I wash her and flies and shit will sit in the corners all over = a hell of a job to clean.;)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I just have to clean it every time I wash her and flies and shit will sit in the corners all over = a hell of a job to clean.;)
whats better dirt at the mesh or dirt at the engine? Your mech will clean the engine little bit but that will cost him time and so your money.

Don´t stone me to death :) but I must confess that I ride my little bitch every day, short range city traffic regardless of the weather so I´m a atypical Tornadorider I know but she has done here job very well since end 2007 :) thats why I know how much dirty shit can accumulate at this area. :bawl: :bawl:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am in no doubt that there will be dirt in front of the engine. This is common on all bikes more or less that I have had. The mesh will get some of it and the rest will land on the engine any way.
If my mechanic needs to look at the engine now and then I will simply clean it before the workshop visit.

·
349 Posts
That does look excellent.The down pipes need polishing now and then that would look bloody good!:clap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts