Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the course of investigating my hot running issues, I decided to do a quick check of the valve timing. As I rolled the engine over toward TDC on #1, the crank bolt snapped! After recovering from my horror (see post detailing 1.5 month wait for parts) I decided to use a high strength bolt as a replacement.

As I was drilling/removing the snapped bolt, I noticed the crank had quite a bit of end play, on the order of 0.1 - 015 inches. Anyone noticed this on their bike????

I put the bike back together and all seems normal, at least for now...

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
I'm in shock here deano, :eek: drilling out snapped bolts and replacing them!!!
on a nelli without the back up of the full nelli factory technical Dept.

being a wally, I have to be careful putting the key in and out of the filler cap, nevermind major mechanical surgery whether it's self inflicted or not.

hat's off to you but I wouldn't know a crank if I fell over it sorry.:eek:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
In the course of investigating my hot running issues, I decided to do a quick check of the valve timing. As I rolled the engine over toward TDC on #1, the crank bolt snapped! After recovering from my horror (see post detailing 1.5 month wait for parts) I decided to use a high strength bolt as a replacement.

As I was drilling/removing the snapped bolt, I noticed the crank had quite a bit of end play, on the order of 0.1 - 015 inches. Anyone noticed this on their bike????

I put the bike back together and all seems normal, at least for now...
I have end float on mine. I should think it's pretty normal, so nothing to worry about. A bummer about the bolt snapping, though. Did you have the plugs out? It's probably asking a lot of the bolt, to turn it over against compression. I have the cambox off and plugs out on mine, and it turns it easily.

Cheers
Ian

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
I'm in shock here deano, :eek: drilling out snapped bolts and replacing them!!!
on a nelli without the back up of the full nelli factory technical Dept.

being a wally, I have to be careful putting the key in and out of the filler cap, nevermind major mechanical surgery whether it's self inflicted or not.

hat's off to you but I wouldn't know a crank if I fell over it sorry.:eek:
Yes but on the other hand, I bet if you did fall over a crank, you'd know how to put an arm in a sling or bandage people up, 'cause that's your forte I would imagine matey ! ;) I'm just the same, now talk to me about plumbing or boilers buddy and I get all excited......................... NOT ! :doh:

:rolling:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts